Matt Tifft Medical Update Announced
Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) announced today a medical update on driver Matt Tifft, who will undergo surgery for removal of a low-grade glioma in the brain.
The slow-growing tumor was found during treatment and evaluation for a recent disc condition in his back. Tifft is expected to undergo surgery and rehabilitation soon and once cleared by physicians is expected to return to racing. The JGR rookie is anxious to return to the race track as soon as possible.
David Ragan has been enlisted to drive the No. 18 Surface Sunscreen/Rugged Maniac Toyota Camry XFINITY series entry for Joe Gibbs Racing on Friday at Daytona International Speedway.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Super DIRTcar Series Poised to Write New Chapter in Big Block Modified Racing History
- M&M’S to run 80th Anniversary Paint Scheme at Darlington Throwback Race
- Fraternal Order of Eagles Partners With Haley, Spire Motorsports in GEICO 500
- The Mighty Vulcan Trophy Awaits Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500 Winner
- U.S. 36 Raceway On Deck For Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series