TriStar Motorsports Congratulates Frankie Kerr: Sprint Car Hall of Fame Induction
TriStar Motorsports is proud to announce and congratulate Crew Chief Frankie Kerr for being selected as an inductee into the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame. The 27th Annual Induction Ceremonies Banquet will be held Friday and Saturday, June 3-4, 2016 in Knoxville, Iowa.
Kerr, an established and skilled driver, earned four Sprint Car Series Championships (1991, 1993, 1994, 1997). Following his Sprint Car career, Kerr retired as a driver and transitioned NASCAR. He began his NASCAR career as a Car Chief and advanced to Crew Chief where he has held that title for nine years in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and four years in the NASCAR XFINITY Series. Kerr is currently the Crew Chief for the No. 44 Zachry Toyota.
"We are fortunate to have Frankie at TriStar", says Mark Smith, owner of TriStar Motorsports. "His knowledge and experience as a driver and Crew Chief are very valuable to our team. We congratulate him on this honor and are proud his accomplishments are being recognized."
With Kerr attending the Induction Ceremony, he will not be in attendance for the Pocono Green 250 with the No. 44 team. Bryan Smith, Car Chief and Jeff Kirkendall, Engineer, will serve as Kerr's replacements for this event.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Magical Vacation Planner Racing: Chase Briscoe Talladega Advance
- HaasTooling.com Racing: Cole Custer Talladega Advance
- Kurt Busch Teams with Breast Cancer Survivors to Paint Pit Wall Pink at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Talladega Superspeedway to Provide Refuge for Hurricane Ian Evacuees in Three Specific Campgrounds
- Chris Buescher | Talladega II Advance