Earnhardt makes rookie run at Chicagoland
Jeffrey Earnhardt will be testing the waters at Chicagoland Speedway for the first time Saturday in the EnjoyIllinois.com 300 Nationwide Series race.
Earnhardt is running his first full season in the series, and Saturday’s 200-lapper will be his initial race at the 1.5-mile track.
The JD Motorsports with Gary Keller team and Earnhardt will be sponsored by S&R Environmental, based in Troy, Ill., in Saturday’s race. “It’s neat to have S&R Environmental on board for this weekend,” Earnhardt said. “We’re looking forward to having a big weekend there with them.”
Earnhardt continues to wrestle with a shoulder he injured recently but hopes to run the complete race Saturday.
“I’ve heard a lot about the Chicagoland track, and I’m anxious to get there and get going,” Earnhardt said. “New tracks are always a challenge the first time out, but I’m confident we’ll go in there with a strong car and a shot at doing well.”
JD Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NBC Sports Announces Its 2024 NASCAR Schedule Highlighted by 10 Cup Series Races on NBC Broadcast Network
- NASCAR Announces 2024 Cup Series Schedule
- DAYTONA 500 and Coke Zero Sugar 400 to Once Again Play Pivotal Roles in 2024 NASCAR Schedule
- NASCAR Returns to Spring Tripleheader Weekend at Texas Motor Speedway in 2024
- Watkins Glen International to Make NASCAR Playoffs Debut in 2024