Chris Buescher finishes 11th in Monster Mile Debut
Dover International Speedway is nicknamed the “Monster Mile” and proves to be a difficult track even for the veterans of the sport. NASCAR Nationwide Series rookie Chris Buescher made his debut at the one-mile track with a strong eight-place qualifying effort in his No. 60 Ford EcoBoost Ford Mustang. Despite being a little free during the race, Buescher hovered right outside the top 10 throughout the day, crossing the finish line in 11th.
Qualifying at Dover was broken into two sessions. Buescher finished fourth in the first session placing him well inside the top 12 that advanced to the final round. The Prosper, TX native then made two runs in the final 10 minute segment and earned an eighth-place starting spot for the Buckle Up 200.
Right from the start of the 200-lap race at Dover, Buescher reported back that his EcoBoost Ford was a little free all the way around the track. A pit stop for four tires and two rounds of left rear wedge proved to be a little too much and Buescher’s Mustang went from loose to a little too tight.
An air pressure adjustment on a later stop seemed to help with handling, but the No. 60 continued to be tight in traffic. Buescher held on until the end and was able to earn an 11th-place finish in his first start at Dover International Speedway.
Speedway Digest Staff
Follow us on Twitter @SpeedwayDigest
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Transcripts: Kyle Busch - World Wide Technology Raceway
- Transcripts: Richard Childress and Randall Burnett Media Conference - World Wide Rechnology Raceway
- CHEVROLET NCS: Kyle Busch Takes Third Win of 2023 at World Wide Technology Raceway
- Hamlin Runner-up in Wild Gateway Race
- Enjoy Illinois 300 presented by TicketSmarter results from World Wide Technology Raceway