Rave Reviews from Drivers, Fans, Media Surround Auto Club 400 Weekend
In a nutshell, here’s what you missed if you weren’t at Auto Club Speedway Sunday for the Auto Club 400:
· Great crowd: “Biggest crowd at Auto Club Speedway in 13 years.” (Inland Empire Daily Bulletin)
· Great race: “If this race isn’t monumental for our sport, I don’t know what is.” (Kenny Wallace, FOX)
· Great weather: “This may be the best weather ever seen for a NASCAR trip to Fontana. All mountains every day... impressive.” (Charlotte Observer) – To which Brad Keselowski (No. 2 Miller Ford) retweeted: “Agreed.”
· Great fans amenities: “Where else can you slide from the top of the suite to a bar at the bottom? NOWHERE BUT ACS AND PIT BOX LOUNGE!”
· Great entertainment: “(RATT) They were freaking awesome!!!!
Joey Logano (No. 22 AAA Southern California Ford) and Denny Hamlin (No. 11 Fed Ex Toyota) bumped, pushed, rubbed side-by-side for most of the final lap before Logano's car slid up the track in Turn 4, making contact with Hamlin and putting him into the wall, allowing Kyle Busch (No. 18 Interstate Batteries Toyota) to make a sneaky high-side final pass to capture the checkered flag to the thrill and delight of tens of thousands of standing, raucous fans. The race matched a record for green flag passes for the lead (41), and there were 3,721 green flag passes throughout the race, the most since 2010.
(Did we mention that Busch won the NNS race on Saturday too?)
And as exciting as the race was, THAT might not even have been the highlight of the weekend! Rave reviews on the Auto Club 400 weekend from entertainment to weather and everything in between were prevalent and plentiful via social media:
· “The fact that #NASCAR was the #1 trend on twitter despite #MarchMadness says just how great the racing was at @ACSupdates.”
· “Pheewwww... AWEsome day today at the Auto Club 400. Loved every breath taking moment. It was my first time to a race and never realized the chills I would get when I felt the thunder of the cars zooming by!! Wow! I can't wait to do it again sometime!!!!!
· “Great day for AC Speedway. Tremendous crowd, epic finish.”
· “Best day Fontana's seen since early Penske years when every race sold out. Time for many fans to really reevaluate attitudes re: this track.”
· We just experienced 300-feet of zipline fun in the infield. Awesome!
· “Pit Box Lounge – THANKS Auto Club Speedway. Where else can you slide from the top of the suite to a bar at the bottom? NOWHERE BUT ACS!”
· That was such an amazing race! One of the best if not the BEST in ACS history! Love the place and all they do for us fans! Can't wait for next year!!
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- ASA Weekend Preview - 9/21/2023
- Recently Crowned Track Champion Kade Brown Ready for First ValleyStar Credit Union 300
- Early Entry Now Open For 39th Tulsa Shootout!
- Burton, DEX Imaging Team Already Prepping For 2024
- NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs Round of 12 and Supermotocross World Championship Final From l.a. Coliseum Headline Motorsports Across USA Network & Peacock