Blackberry Smoke performing Kansas National Guard pre-race concert for STP 400
Revving up a crowd is nothing new to Blackberry Smoke and on April 21, the band will open the Kansas National Guard pre-race festivities for the STP 400.
Trying to define Blackberry Smoke into one genre of music isn’t easy – there are traces of arena rock, bluegrass, gospel, soul and more than a touch of outlaw country, but the quintet is definitely southern rock and Kansas Speedway fans will get their morning started with a high-energy concert from a group that has toured with and befriended legendary bands The Marshall Tucker Band, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd and George Jones.
The band, which typically plays up to 250 dates a year, has released three full-length album’s including 2012’s The Whippoorwill, their first for country megastar Zac Brown’s Southern Ground label. The group, who is currently opening some tour dates for Zac Brown Band including this past weekend in Kansas City, released their Pretty Little Lie video one month ago on Jan. 18. Blackberry Smoke has also seen their songs featured in films and video games, including EA Sports NASCAR ’08.
Kansas Speedway PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013