WWE’s Liv Morgan Named Grand Marshal, Kurt Busch to Serve as Honorary Starter
WWE Superstar Liv Morgan has been named Grand Marshal for Sunday’s Bank of America ROVAL™ 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, while two-time Charlotte winner Kurt Busch will serve as Honorary Starter for the pivotal NASCAR Playoffs showdown.
Morgan, The New York Post’s 2022 Female Breakout Wrestler of the Year, is no stranger to the big stage, having already earned a WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship and two WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships in her career. On Sunday, she’ll set the stage for a clash of NASCAR titans as she gives the command to fire engines before drivers take to the innovative 17-turn, 2.28-mile course for the sixth running of the Bank of America ROVAL™ 400.
“The same qualities that make a great WWE champion – passion, commitment and dedication – are what NASCAR’s best will need to survive Sunday’s Bank of America ROVAL™ 400,” Morgan said. “I can’t wait to be there to see all the action, hang out with the fans and find out who’s got what it takes to bring home the win.”
Among his 34 career Cup Series wins, Busch took the checkered flag at both the NASCAR All-Star Race and Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte in 2010. He still holds the record for the fastest qualifying lap ever at the track (27.167 seconds at 198.771 mph on the oval configuration). While he announced his retirement from Cup Series racing earlier this year, Busch will take in the start of Sunday’s 109-lap Bank of America ROVAL™ 400 from the flag stand as Honorary Starter.
Additional dignitaries for Sunday’s Bank of America ROVAL™ 400 include:
- Presentation of Colors: Burlington Fire Department Honor Guard
- Invocation and National Anthem: Matthew West, Five-time GRAMMY® nominee
Dignitaries for Saturday’s Drive for the Cure 250 presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina:
- Honorary Starter: June Mangum, Blue Cross NC and 20-year breast cancer survivor
- Grand Marshals: Patrice Bidgood, six-year breast cancer survivor; Destiny Medlin, four-year breast cancer survivor
- Presentation of Colors: 111th Civil Air Patrol
- Invocation: Rev. Doc. Major Stewart, Mt. Sinai Baptist Church
- National Anthem: Cassandra Kliewer
A full weekend of fun kicks off with Fan Friday, featuring an autograph session and driver appearances by Joe Gibbs Racing’s defending Bank of America ROVAL™ 400 winner Christopher Bell, Ty Gibbs, Denny Hamlin and Martin Truex Jr., plus Xfinity Series stars John Hunter Nemechek and Sammy Smith at the Toyota Racing Experience. Fans will also be treated to a unique hauler parade through the fan zone before legendary country music star Tim Dugger takes the stage.
Saturday, NASCAR Xfinity Series drivers will battle for victory in the Drive for the Cure 250 presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. Fans will be treated as a lineup of entertainment will flood America’s Home for Racing with a live show by Door, Bumper, Clear, and an electrifying performance by the fan-favorite cover band, Alter Ego.
Multi-platinum country music superstar Riley Green will open the final day with a pre-race infield performance guaranteed to get fans revved up as the NASCAR Cup Series will face off in the pivotal Bank of America ROVAL™ 400.
To purchase Drive for the Cure 250 and Bank of America ROVAL™ 400 race tickets, fans can shop online at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com or call 1-800-455-FANS (3267). Kids 12 and under get in all weekend for just $10.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- College Formula and Baja SAE teams compete for chance to race on NASCAR-built track inside Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- Some of the Biggest Short Track Events in the World Highlight 23 Nights of Racing for Eldora Speedway’s 2024 Season
- NASCAR R&D Engineers Honored for Garage 56 Program
- Kennealy Keller Motorsports Adds Danica Dart for Rookie ARCA West Campaign
- Doug Duchardt Named President of Spire Motorsports