The Speedway Children’s Charities, Dover Motor Speedway chapter has donated $15,000 to three Delaware entities who emphasize the health, safety, welfare and development of children.
The Speedway Children’s Charities, Dover Motor Speedway chapter’s focus is raising funds for Delaware and mid-Atlantic-based nonprofit organizations with a concentration on assisting Delaware children.
Today, and on Tuesday, Jan. 31, the following organizations were presented with $5,000 checks on behalf of Speedway Children’s Charities, Dover Motor Speedway chapter:
- A Better Chance for Our Children: Based in Wilmington and Milford; focuses on finding families for waiting children, most from foster care and many with special needs.
- Elizabeth W. Murphey School: Based in Dover; houses children and young adults from ages 8-21; marked its 100th anniversary in 2022.
- Kind To Kids: Based in Wilmington; has served more than 17,000 children in foster care and poverty.
Gary Camp, Dover Motor Speedway’s vice president for marketing and communications, will be the executive director of Speedway Children’s Charities, Dover Motor Speedway chapter. Camp, who joined Dover Motor Speedway in 2004, oversees planning and implementation of the track’s marketing and communications efforts, including advertising, media relations, internal and external customer communications and social media.
Dover Motor Speedway’s ownership group, Speedway Motorsports, established the first Speedway Children’s Charities (SCC) chapter in 1982. Since then, SCC chapters across the United States have raised more than $65 million in grants for organizations that assist children.
Dover Motor Speedway’s 2023 race schedule includes:
- Sunday, April 30, 2 p.m.: NASCAR Cup Series race (FS1)
- Saturday, April 29, 1:30 p.m.: A-GAME 200 NASCAR Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash race (FS1)
- Friday, April 28, 5:30 p.m.: General Tire 125 ARCA Menards Series East race
Call 800-441-RACE to discuss your options with an account representative or visit DoverMotorSpeedway.com.
Friday and Saturday tickets are FREE for kids 12 and under (with a paying adult) at the Monster Mile and just $10 on Sunday.
The April 30 NASCAR Cup Series race is the Monster Mile’s 105th NASCAR Cup Series race. Dover Motor Speedway is one of only 10 tracks in the country to host 100 or more NASCAR Cup Series events.
Keep track of all of Dover Motor Speedway’s events by following on Twitter and Instagram or become a Facebook fan.