OCFS Motorsports Show to feature NASCAR Stars and So Much More
Every year The Orange County Fair Speedway kicks off their season with the fan-favorite Motorsports Show, a celebration of all things racing, not just OCFS's long history. Fans attending will have an opportunity to see NASCAR cars and drivers in addition to OCFS's weekly competitors in their DIRT Modified race cars.
This year, Stewart Friesen's rookie year no.52 Halmar International Chevy Silverado will make its second annual appearance, but it wont be alone. In addition to numerous classic race cars, northeast DIRT Modifieds, Slingshots and Karts, the show will also be hosting the ARCA series cars of John Ferrier and Tommy Vigh. Both Ferrier and Vigh are weekly competitors at OCFS who have branched out to the national, NASCAR owned ARCA series.
Tommy Vigh will be joined at a Q&A Panel Discussion Powered by Privy/We-Text, set to begin at 7pm est Saturday March 23, 2019. The panel will last about 45 minutes and fans will also have an opportunity to present questions from the audience to the line up of drivers that includes Vigh, OCFS Champion Jeff Heotzler, NASCAR Xfinity Series Driver David Starr and Daytona Winner and ARCA Team Owner Andy Hillenburg. After the panel discussion has concluded, the drivers will be available for autographs in the Extreme Energy Solutions/Extreme Team Racing Associates Display Area, located inside the OCFS Arena.
Fans can also anticipate a Saturday night appearance by Northeast DIRT racing's greatest driver of all time, Brett Hearn. Hearn, who has been aloof up to this point on where he will race weekly, has entered his 2019 Big Block Modified in the Motorsports Show, and is set to appear at around 7pm. All will certainly be hoping to hear an official announcement regarding his 2019 race schedule.
Saturday March 23rd:
- 11:00am: Show Opens
- 1:30pm: Little Miss OCFS Crowned
- 2:00pm: Tire Change Contest
- 3:30pm: Pit Crew Challenge
- 5:00pm: Charity Auction
- 7:00pm - Q&A Session
- 8:00pm Ms. OCFS Pageant
- 10:00pm: Show Closes
Sunday March 24th:
- 11 am: Show opens
- 12:30pm: Street Stock Shoot-Out Series Awards Ceremony
- 1:30pm: 2018 OCFS Point Awards Ceremony
- 3pm: Best of Show Awards Ceremony
Ms./Little Miss OCFS and Car Entry forms at
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega
- Newman, No. 6 Team Quite the Buzz, but Hungry for More
- Defending ARCA Menards Series Champion Sheldon Creed to be Inducted into International Motorsports Hall of Fame ARCA Wall of Champions
- Late Model Drivers Looking Forward, Not To The Past Headed Into Saturday’s South Boston Race