Not only does Talladega Superspeedway offer the best racing action on the planet, but it also has the finest, most unique and delicious concession options at any entertainment venue. When NASCAR roars into town this weekend for the Alabama 500 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) playoff events, fans will have food and drink options aplenty.
Talladega offers simple to extravagant food options. Below you will find a heaping sample list of what’s on tap this race in concessions cooked up by Americrown (www.americrown.com), the leader in motorsports catering and concessions:
- The Talla-Mento Dogwich is back, and this year it takes part in its own playoff race – the Americrown Hot Dog Playoffs. The Dogwich is a split and grilled all-beef Eisenberg hot dog with three cheeses melted on Texas toast. As you devour the tasty delicacy, use your mobile device to vote for the Talla-Mento Dogwich as the best in motorsports by tweeting, using the hashtag #hotdogplayoffs. In addition to the Dogwich, check out the track’s signature item, ‘The Big One’ Meatball, which weighs more than a pound and features a center of cheddar cheese and pulled pork, topped with BBQ sauce and a spaghetti garnish.
- Everyone loves an ice cold Coca-Cola, a longtime partner of Talladega and entitlement sponsor of this weekend’s fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola. A family favorite, fans can find them virtually all over the property – in the Fan Zone, in the Grandstand/Tower sections and the infield - at every concession stand.
- Staying in the iconic infield? 12 packs of beer are now available, but if you want a little less, there’s the new “Sack ‘O Beer,’ featuring five Miller Lite brews for just $20. It’s available exclusively at the Miller Lite Pavilion for “the Big One on the Blvd.” and Monster Energy Bellator MMA Fight on Friday night.. Busch Beer will be avaliable at the concert bar on Saturday night for the Colt Ford Concert Powered by American Ethanol.
- New are the Sway and Roll Bars that offer a full array of liquor drink options, as well as special frozen drinks. The Sway Bar is located in O.V. Hill South Tower Section B, while the Roll Bar is in Moss Thornton Tower Section A.
- Guests in the Tri-Oval Tower can take advantage of the Clyde Mays Whiskey Tower Tavern. It has an incredible specialty drink menu, including Clyde Mays’ beloved Alabama Style Whiskey.
- Outside the track, the Saloon Bar, Bier Garden/Port-A-Bar and Bootlegger Bars are all located in the Fan Zone and will service fans throughout the weekend, opening bright and early at 8 a.m. each day. The Bier Garden features a selection of savory beers that are brewed locally, right here in Alabama.
Talladega’s fall event weekend kicks off Friday, Oct. 13 with a full slate of on-track activity, including practice sessions for the Alabama 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) event, both of which will play major roles in NASCAR’s playoffs. Saturday’s fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, where the field of eligible championship contenders will be trimmed from eight to six at the checkered flag, is set for a 12 Noon (CDT) start. Sunday’s Alabama 500, which will get underway at 1 p.m. (CDT), is six-time Talladega winner Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s final start at the fabled facility and the “Wildcard” second race in the Round of 12 of the MENCS playoffs