Matthew Brabham Earns First Trans Am Pole, Dyson on Front Row to Celebrate 40 Years of Dyson Racing
Practice and qualifying are in the books for the Trans Am Series presented by Pirelli Memorial Day Classic at Lime Rock Park. Matthew Brabham in the No. 20 GYM WEED Ford Mustang captured his first-career Motul Pole Award in the Trans Am Series with a new track record lap time of 49.141 seconds. Brabham will be joined on the front row by CD Racing team owner Chris Dyson in the No. 16 GYM WEED Ford Mustang as the pair celebrates the 40th anniversary of Dyson’s family team, Dyson Racing.
“It’s great to have the GYM WEED, CD Racing cars lock out the front row and start 1-2, especially with the Dyson family history here; we’re celebrating the 40th anniversary with the team this weekend,” said Brabham. “Lime Rock is awesome, it’s such a great track with so much history. The cars were superfast and we’re really happy as a team; qualifying couldn’t have gone any better for us. I went off a little bit on the first flying lap, and there’s so much pollen here that I almost couldn’t stop sneezing; that was kind of interesting.”
TA Qualifying Top Five:
1. Matthew Brabham, No. 20 GYM WEED Ford Mustang (49.141)
2. Chris Dyson, No. 16 GYM WEED Ford Mustang (49.475)
3. Tomy Drissi, No. 8 Lucas Oil Ford Mustang (50.024)
4. David Pintaric, No. 57 Kryderacing Ford Mustang (50.659)
5. Amy Ruman, No. 23 McNichols Co. Chevrolet Corvette (51.248)
1. Danny Lowry, No. 42 Bennett/BridgeHaul/Pitboxes.com Mercedes AMG GT3 (52.387)
2. Randy Hale, No. 31 Hale Motorsports/Marsh Racing Chevrolet Corvette (54.409)
3. Nathan Byrd, No. 88 Sonesta/Tilson/Hopegivers Porsche 911.1 GT3 Cup (54.410)
1. Lee Saunders, No. 44 LandSearch LLC Dodge Viper (55.400)
2. Ricky Sanders, No. 18 BridgeHaul/Bennett/Pitboxes.com Porsche 991.1 (55.827)
1. Michael Saia, No. 13 KMC/Rabid Wraps/Rapid Performance Management Porsche GT3 Cup 997.1 (56.470)
2. Michael Attaway, No. 91 Bennett/BridgeHaul/Pitboxes.com Audi R8 (1:01.092)
Full qualifying results can be found here.
TA Practice Top Five:
1. Justin Marks, No. 99 Trackhouse Chevrolet Camaro (50.011)
2. Matthew Brabham, No. 20 GYM WEED Ford Mustang (50.174)
3. Chris Dyson, No. 16 GYM WEED Ford Mustang (50.244)
4. Tomy Drissi, No. 8 Lucas Oil Ford Mustang (50.878)
5. Amy Ruman, No. 23 McNichols Co. Chevrolet Corvette (52.027)
1. Danny Lowry, No. 42 Bennett/BridgeHaul/Pitboxes.com Mercedes AMG GT3 (53.443)
2. Randy Hale, No. 31 Hale Motorsports/Marsh Racing Chevrolet Corvette (58.212)
1. Ricky Sanders, No. 18 BridgeHaul/Bennett/Pitboxes.com Chevrolet Corvette (57.587)
1. Michael Saia, No. 13 KMC/Rabid Wraps/Rapid Performance Management Porsche GT3 Cup 997.1 (58.403)
2. Michael Attaway, No. 91 Bennett/BridgeHaul/Pitboxes.com Audi R8 (1:03.142)
Full practice results can be found here.
The TA/XGT/SGT/GT race will be contested today at 1:10 p.m. ET and will be streamed live here. The TV broadcast of the race will air on MAVTV on Thursday, June 1 at 9:00 p.m. ET.
Adam has been a race fan since the first time he went through the tunnel under the Daytona International Speedway more than 30 years ago. He has had the privilege of traveling to races all across the state of Florida (as well as one race in Ohio), watching nearly everything with a motor compete for fame and glory, as well as participating in various racing schools to get the feel of what racecar drivers go through every week.
Adam spent several years covering motorsports for Examiner.com., where he had the opportunity to see the racing world from behind the scenes as well as the grandstands. He invites everyone to follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, and looks forward to sharing his enthusiasm for all things racing with the readers of SpeedwayDigest.com.
Be sure to tune in for his sports talk program, Thursday Night Thunder, where he discusses the latest in motorsports news with drivers, crew members, and fans. The show takes place (almost) every Thursday at 8:00 pm EST on the Speedway Digest Radio Network.
Contact Adam: Email
Latest from Adam Sinclair
- International family of race teams led by Michael Andretti to rebrand under Andretti Global banner
- Qatar Airways Announced as Official Airline Partner of BWT Alpine F1 Team Ahead of Qatar Airways Qatar Grand Prix
- Fanatec GT World Challenge America Returns to Sebring Sept. 22-24
- INDYCAR To Host $1 Million Challenge in March 2024 at Scenic Thermal Club
- Toyota Celebrates 1-2 Home Success and Claims 2023 Manufacturers’ Crown