Racing with Giants: Porsche at Le Mans
Ahead of the 100th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, Mobil 1 joined together with Hagerty Media to celebrate this iconic milestone in racing with a first of its kind documentary: Racing with Giants: Porsche at Le Mans. The legendary motorsport and automotive brands collaborated with two-time Primetime Emmy Award and Peabody Award winner Robert Dalrymple and his production company to produce a film that will connect the race cars to the road cars they inspired, showcasing Porsche’s engineering expertise.
Racing with Giants: Porsche at Le Mans will premiere on June 1 during a special screening in Brooklyn, and be immediately available for fans to watch globally that evening on Hagerty Media’s YouTube channel. The documentary, which will debut just prior to the centennial 24 Hours of Le Mans, will pair archival footage from the event with firsthand interviews from former and current racers, notable collectors, and enthusiasts. Specifically, the film celebrates milestone anniversaries of the race itself, and the role that Porsche has played in motorsports for the last 75 years.
“From our own rich history in motorsport and our long-standing relationship with Porsche this documentary truly celebrates the unique impact that racing has on the cars that we drive every day,” shares Bryce Huschka, Consumer Marketing Manager of North America, on behalf of Mobil 1. "For 100 years, Le Mans has uniquely captured the attention and imagination of fans. Thanks to them, our partners and fellow car lovers, we can’t wait to bring this exceptional story to life.”
Through this documentary, viewers will see industry titans as they dive deep into the biggest race in endurance racing, including:
- Nick Tandy: 2015 Porsche Le Mans winning driver and current Penske Porsche 963 driver
- Spike Feresten: Podcast host, television personality, comedy writer
- Rod Emory: Renowned restorer of Porsche
- Patrick Long: Former Porsche factory driver
- Derek Bell: Five-time Le Mans winning and Formula 1 winning driver
- Jacky Ickx: Six-time Le Mans winning and Formula 1 wining driver
- Allan McNish: 3-Time Le Mans winning driver including the 1998 Porsche Mobil 1 GT1 race car
- Loni Unser: Professional race car driver and member of the legendary Unser racing family
“Car enthusiasts have a special bond born from the simple love of driving,” adds Larry Webster, VP of Content, Hagerty Media. “24 Hours of Le Mans represents the pinnacle of driving, and we couldn’t be prouder to co-produce Racing with Giants: Porsche at Le Mans in partnership with Mobil 1. We hope the audience enjoys learning more about the history of the event – as we celebrate its 100th anniversary over the course of the next few weeks!”
Adam has been a race fan since the first time he went through the tunnel under the Daytona International Speedway more than 30 years ago. He has had the privilege of traveling to races all across the state of Florida (as well as one race in Ohio), watching nearly everything with a motor compete for fame and glory, as well as participating in various racing schools to get the feel of what racecar drivers go through every week.
Adam spent several years covering motorsports for Examiner.com., where he had the opportunity to see the racing world from behind the scenes as well as the grandstands. He invites everyone to follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, and looks forward to sharing his enthusiasm for all things racing with the readers of SpeedwayDigest.com.
Be sure to tune in for his sports talk program, Thursday Night Thunder, where he discusses the latest in motorsports news with drivers, crew members, and fans. The show takes place (almost) every Thursday at 8:00 pm EST on the Speedway Digest Radio Network.
Contact Adam: Email
Latest from Adam Sinclair
- International family of race teams led by Michael Andretti to rebrand under Andretti Global banner
- Qatar Airways Announced as Official Airline Partner of BWT Alpine F1 Team Ahead of Qatar Airways Qatar Grand Prix
- Fanatec GT World Challenge America Returns to Sebring Sept. 22-24
- INDYCAR To Host $1 Million Challenge in March 2024 at Scenic Thermal Club
- Toyota Celebrates 1-2 Home Success and Claims 2023 Manufacturers’ Crown