INDYCAR Statement on Josef Newgarden
Following the event at Iowa Speedway and per INDYCAR protocol, the driver of the No. 2 PPG Team Penske Chevrolet, Josef Newgarden, was evaluated this afternoon by INDYCAR Medical Director Dr. Geoffrey Billows.
The examination determined that Newgarden is cleared to participate in tomorrow’s NTT INDYCAR SERIES practice session on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course. Newgarden will be re-evaluated after the session to determine if he’s cleared to resume all racing activities for the remainder of the Gallagher Grand Prix event.
NTT IndyCar Series PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Magical Vacation Planner Racing: Chase Briscoe Talladega Advance
- HaasTooling.com Racing: Cole Custer Talladega Advance
- Kurt Busch Teams with Breast Cancer Survivors to Paint Pit Wall Pink at Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Talladega Superspeedway to Provide Refuge for Hurricane Ian Evacuees in Three Specific Campgrounds
- Chris Buescher | Talladega II Advance