The 811 Promise
For the first time, Shell and the Common Ground Alliance are expanding their joint safe digging initiative to include the Watkins Glen race, which falls during the weekend of National Safe Digging Day. The No. 22 Shell-Pennzoil car will feature a new “811 promise” logo, representing a request for fans to pledge that they will call 811 before undertaking home digging projects.
A quick and easy call to 811 can help avoid damage to pipelines and help reduce the potential of a serious injury to yourself and others. For these reasons, Shell and the Common Ground Alliance are encouraging fans to make a promise to always call 811 before digging.
Fans that visit www.racetosouthbeach.com beginning August 10 and make the pledge will be entered to win a VIP Race Weekend in South Beach during the final race of the season, and will be eligible for other prizes, such as Shell gift cards.
For more information about safe digging, fans can visit www.call811.com.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Evergreen Raceway, Mahoning Valley Speedway to run Hobby Stock Dual Track Series.Agreement reached on sharing select rules
- Sammy Smith to Compete in Full 2023 Nascar Xfinity Series Schedule With Joe Gibbs Racing
- GMS Racing Announces NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Crew Chief Lineup for the 2023 Season
- Race of Champions “Family of Series” Schedule Update – More Dates Added - Race of Champions Modified Series Getting Ready for a Huge 2023 Season
- INDYCAR Continuing Path with Sustainable Leadership in Motorsports