Busch Returns to Wisconsin as Defending Winner of the Slinger Nationals
Fresh off last week's three-peat in the Rowdy 251 at Berlin Raceway in Marne Mich., Kyle Busch heads to Slinger (Wisc.) Super Speedway Sunday, where he will look to add back-to-back Slinger Nationals titles to an already impressive resume of wins that he has collected over the last five years in some of the country's biggest Late Model events.
"The Slinger Nationals was a race high on my bucket list of big races that I wanted to win and last year I was able to accomplish that goal," said Busch, who will fly to Slinger Sunday morning after running in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Kentucky Speedway Saturday night. "Last year the Slinger win capped off a great weekend -- I won the Truck and Cup Series races at Kentucky and finished third in the Nationwide Series race. I'll only be running the Cup race at Kentucky this weekend, but if I can go back-to-back in that race Saturday night and follow it up with back-to-back wins at Slinger on Sunday -- I'd say that's still a pretty good weekend. I'm sure the Kenseths (Matt and Ross) are going to do everything they can to keep me from Victory Lane, since we'll be racing in their backyard. There are a lot of other solid Late Model Drivers in the Midwest that always provide great competition, so it should be an exciting race."
The No. 51 Camry that Busch will be driving in Sunday's Slinger Nationals is the same Kyle Busch Motorsports chassis that the Las Vegas native drove to victory in last year's event. The Toyota is a perfect five-for-five with its owner-driver behind the wheel since debuting in 2011, collecting a pair of Rowdy 251 wins at Berlin Raceway, as well as wins in the 2011 PASS 150 at Oxford Plains Speedway in Oxford, Maine and the 2012 SpeedFest at Watermelon Capital Speedway in Cordele, Ga.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Evergreen Raceway, Mahoning Valley Speedway to run Hobby Stock Dual Track Series.Agreement reached on sharing select rules
- Sammy Smith to Compete in Full 2023 Nascar Xfinity Series Schedule With Joe Gibbs Racing
- GMS Racing Announces NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Crew Chief Lineup for the 2023 Season
- Race of Champions “Family of Series” Schedule Update – More Dates Added - Race of Champions Modified Series Getting Ready for a Huge 2023 Season
- INDYCAR Continuing Path with Sustainable Leadership in Motorsports