Michael Self Leads ARCA Practice at Chicagoland
Michael Self led the lone practice session for Thursday's SCOTT 150 for the ARCA Racing presented by Menards at Chicagoland Speedway. Self's lap of 30.529 seconds/176.881 miles per hour in the final moments of the day was nearly a half-second quicker than Sheldon Creed in second.
Self, who won at Daytona to open the ARCA Racing Series season, is piloting the No. 15 Sinclair Lubricants Toyota for the Venturini Motorsports team; team co-owners Bill and Cathy Venturini are Chicago natives and are looking for their fourty career win at the 1.5-mile suburban Chicago raceway.
Creed's lap of 30.995 seconds/174.222 miles per hour was second, with Todd Gilliland third at 31.015 seconds/174.109 miles per hour, Zane Smith fourth at 31.105 seconds/173.606 miles per hour and Codie Rohrbaugh rounded out the top five at 31.420 seconds/171.865 miles per hour.
Gus Dean, Austin Hill, Travis Braden, Chase Purdy and Riley Herbst rounded out the top ten.
The only incident involved Toni Breidinger, who spun the No. 55 Venturini Motorsports Toyota down the backstretch about midway through the session. She did not make contact and drove the car back to the garage without any damage. Breidinger is part of the history-making weekend for the Venturini team has they have entered three females - Natalie Decker and Leilani Munter are also entered - making them the first team to enter three females in the same event in modern stock car racing history.
Tonight's SCOTT 150 will be televised live on Fox Sports 1 starting at 9 pm ET. ARCARacing.com will have live timing and scoring of General Tire Pole Qualifying at 6:35 pm ET and throughout the race starting at 9 pm ET.
ARCA Racing PR
« Veteran-Owned Start up Authentically American Announces Investment by NASCAR Legend Darrell Waltrip ARCA: Michael Self Wins SCOTT 150 at Chicagoland Speedway »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Evergreen Raceway, Mahoning Valley Speedway to run Hobby Stock Dual Track Series.Agreement reached on sharing select rules
- Sammy Smith to Compete in Full 2023 Nascar Xfinity Series Schedule With Joe Gibbs Racing
- GMS Racing Announces NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Crew Chief Lineup for the 2023 Season
- Race of Champions “Family of Series” Schedule Update – More Dates Added - Race of Champions Modified Series Getting Ready for a Huge 2023 Season
- INDYCAR Continuing Path with Sustainable Leadership in Motorsports