All the family fun and excitement of Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola kicks off its three-day run on May 24 in uptown Charlotte with live entertainment, access to some of NASCAR’s brightest stars, interactive activities by event sponsors and much more.
With so many options available, the 600 Festival Association outlined its top-10 things to do at the 24th annual festival.
1. MUSIC: This year’s lineup can be described best in one word: WOW! Funky folk hop and roll Judah & the Lion performs on the Coca-Cola stage Thursday, May 24. Country stars Chase Riceand Easton Corbin share the stage Friday, May 25 with Brett Young and Dustin Lynch closing Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola Saturday night. Tickets for each show are $25 in advance, $35 the day of and can be purchased at bit.ly/2GTcfNk.
2. DRIVERS: Race fans attending the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway will head to uptown Charlotte to see some of their favorite drivers during Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola. Among the drivers slated for appearances are: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers Denny Hamlin, Daniel Suarez and Austin Dillon along with many others. Appearances are subject to change. For a complete lineup of appearances, please visit: bit.ly/2qsq4t8.
3. GOOD TIMES FROM CIRCLE K: There’s almost too much fun at the Circle K display! Check out the No. 20 Circle K NASCAR Cup show car that’s driven by Erik Jones. Win a prize with a spin of the prize wheel. Commemorate your Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola memories with a photo in the photo booth. And of course, the Circle K Take It Easy Tailgate is right next door. Saturday is Mascot Mania with the Charlotte Checkers mascot, the NASCAR Hall of Fame mascot, the UNCC mascot and the Haribo Gummy Bear. The Charlotte Hornets and UNCC mascots will be there on Thursday.
4. CIRCLE K KIDS’ ZONE: Everything a young child dreams of in a play area and more is set up on Levine Avenue. Bounce houses, face painting, carnival games, slides, rock climbing and many more activities to keep the youngsters happy and parents smiling.
5. TEST YOUR TIRE-CHANGING SKILLS: So, you think you’d be a good NASCAR pit crew member? Put yourself to the test in the Tire Change Challenge in the Autograph Zone. Fans get to participate in qualifying rounds on May 24 and 25 to be one of the top-five fans to compete against a couple of NASCAR’s top crewmen on May 25 at 7 p.m.
6. HEALTHY AND FUN: A stop at the Lilly Diabetes display will be informative and fun. There will be staff on-site to share information about better health and diabetes management. And then there will be opportunities to take pictures with the No. 16 Lilly Diabetes Xfinity Series race car, to get an autograph from driver Ryan Reed on Friday and to create your own pit-stop animation video.
7. TURNING BACK FLIPS: The Monster Energy BMX Team will bring its bag of tricks to Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola. Three times each day, 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., the team will be doing backflips, tail whips and all sorts of BMX stunts.
8. A SWEET STOP: On Saturday, May 26, you can sweeten your day at the HARIBO booth with free gummies, and of course a picture with the delightful HARIBO bear. And while you’re there, you can create a sharable gif.
9. BUY, SPIN AND WIN: Playing and supporting the North Carolina Education Lottery creates a world of winning possibilities for the entire state. Visit the North Carolina Education Lottery booth located near the corner of Tryon Street and Third Street to play the Buy, Spin and Win promotion.
10. AVON: Avon is keeping you insta-ready at Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola with 10-minute mini makeovers at its display. You can choose between eyes, lips and face to discover your new favorite Avon products. And don’t forget to enter for a chance to win The Avon Amp It up Adventure, the ultimate Nashville country music getaway.
With the exception of the music performances on the Coca-Cola stage in Romare Bearden Park, Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola activities remain free to the public including sponsor displays, musical entertainment, access to a variety of food and beverage, a kids’ zone and much more. The festival opens each day at noon ET. For a complete list of entertainment and live music on both the Coca-Cola and Mello Yello stages, visit http://600festival.com/
600 Festival PR