Lawless Alan - XPEL 225 Race Recap
On Saturday’s Race at COTA: “A run like this gives me a lot of confidence just in general. We were fast and they knew we were here. A controversial penalty during the final stage put us in the rear; but, we salvaged a top-20 finish and picked up stage points. Overall, it is what it is and we’ll be back next week,” Alan said.
Lawless Alan had a career-run Saturday afternoon at Circuit of the Americas. The Los Angeles driver would pick up stage points in the second stage and run inside the top-ten for most of the race.
Alan would have a very smooth day for the first half of the XPEL 225, finishing in 18th and 3rd in the first two stages, respectively. But, as the race neared the end, a pass-through penalty was dealt to the No. 45 team for corner-cutting in the esses. This penalty would take Alan and team out of contention for the win, leaving him with a 17th-place finish at the road course.
Niece Motorsports PR
Speedway Digest Staff
Follow us on Twitter @SpeedwayDigest
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Toyota Racing - NCS Charlotte Incident Quotes - Denny Hamlin
- Indianapolis 500 Purse Reaches New Peak for Second Year in a Row
- Stellar Run Ends in Podium Finish
- It's NASCAR Week at World Wide Technology Raceway: Daily activities leading up to Enjoy Illinois 300 presented by TicketSmarter NASCAR Cup Series race Sunday, June 4
- Race of Champions Sportsman Modified Series Ready to Go At “The Bullring” Wyoming County International Speedway on Sunday Afternoon, June 11, 2023