NASCAR Indefinately Suspends Cory Roper Featured
NASCAR announced penalties following its season opener at Daytona International Speedway on Wednesday.
The penalty sheet involved NASCAR indefinitely suspending Cory Roper for violating the sanctioning bodies substance abuse policy. Roper, who is a former driver in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, currently serves as the team manager for Roper Racing.
There were no other penalties issued.
Brett has been following the sport of NASCAR since the beginning of the 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Since Brett was 13, he has had a passion of chasing a job in sports that not many get the opportunity of doing. He has been in the NASCAR media since the middle of the 2010 season. Since then, he has been a part of many racing podcast shows to improve his talents. You can find him on twitter @NASCAR_Brett.
Latest from Brett Winningham
- St. Louis Area Synonymous with Stenhouse, Starts 12th in Enjoy Illinois 300
- NCTS: Grant Enfinger Wins Toyota 200 at Gateway Motorsports Park in Overtime
- INDYCAR: Josef Newgarden Wins 107th Indianapolis 500; 19th 500 Victory for Team Penske
- INDYCAR: Katherine Legge and Stefan Wilson Have Scary Practice Crash; Wilson Transported to Local Hospital for Further Evaluation
- NCS: Denny Hamlin Wins AdventHealth 400 at Kansas Speedway