NCWTS: John Hunter Nemechek Wins Kansas Pole Featured
John Hunter Nemechek scored the pole at Kansas Speedway for Friday’s truck event at the 1.5-mile Kansas oval. Nemechek, earning three straight poles at the track, goes into the Kansas Lottery 200 starting on his eighth career pole start.
Nemechek, posting a 30.779s / 175.444 mph, scored a fifth-place finish at Kansas last season in May 2021 and rolled to a sixth-place finish at the track in May 2022. Through 18 truck races this season, he has eight top five and 13 top 10 finishes along with a win.
Ty Majeski sat runner-up behind the pole winner. Majeski has eight top five and 12 top 10 finishes through 18 events.
Corey Heim sat third fastest on the qualifying sheet in the No. 51 Toyota. Heim seeks his third career Camping World Truck Series win, piloting the No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports Toyota.
Christian Eckes and Chandler Smith rounded out the top five starters.
Ben Rhodes, Ryan Preece, Matt Crafton, Zane Smith and Tanner Gray will take the green in the top 10.
The Kansas Lottery 200 airs live on FS1 and MRN Radio at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Brett has been following the sport of NASCAR since the beginning of the 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Since Brett was 13, he has had a passion of chasing a job in sports that not many get the opportunity of doing. He has been in the NASCAR media since the middle of the 2010 season. Since then, he has been a part of many racing podcast shows to improve his talents. You can find him on twitter @NASCAR_Brett.
Latest from Brett Winningham
- ARCA West: Sammy Smith wins Desert Diamond Casino West valley 100 at Phoenix; Jake Drew Claims 2022 Driver Championship
- NWMT: Corey LaJoie Wins Virginia is for Racing Lovers 200; Jon McKennedy Secures 2022 Championship at Martinsville
- Matt Hirschman Wins Virginia is for Racing Lovers 200 Pole at Martinsville Speedway
- NCS: Bubba Wallace Receives One Race Suspension; Other Penalties Announced Following Las Vegas
- ARCA: Sammy Smith Wins Shore Lunch 200 at Toledo; Nick Sanchez Claims 2022 ARCA Menards Series Title