Ron Hornaday, No. 9 Chevy Truck Month Silverado- Kentucky Speedway Preview
Fast and Fun Facts...
- Ron Hornaday heads to Kentucky Speedway for this weekend's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) UNOH 225 as the defending race winner.
- Hornaday is the only repeat NCWTS winner at Kentucky Speedway and will be looking to keep his grasp on that record in Friday night's 150-lap, 225-mile Kentucky 201.
- In 14 NCWTS starts at Kentucky Speedway, Hornaday is one of only three active drivers that have been to victory lane.
- Flashback... Earlier this year (June), Hornaday overcame difficult pit strategy late in the race to bring home a top-10 finish in the NCWTS UNOH 225 by finishing ninth after starting the event from the 11th position.
Success in the Bluegrass State...
Hornaday has a stacked resume in the NCWTS at Kentucky Speedway. In nine starts at the 1.5-mile track, Hornaday has earned one pole and led 141 laps en route to three wins (2006, 2009 and 2011) and six top-10 finishes. The series all-time race winner has an average start of 9.7 coupled with an average finish of 11.3 and has completed 94 percent of laps attempted (1272 of 1353). In 2011, Hornaday started second and led 42 laps to en route to victory lane.
In The Loop...
According to NASCAR's loop data statistics, Hornaday has the following stats at Kentucky:
- A driver rating of 104.8, ranking him fourth overall and second among active drivers
- Ranked third in fastest drivers late in a run with an average speed of 168.667mph.
- Tied for fourth in fastest laps run with Todd Bodine with 58
- First in laps in the top-15 with 1144
- Third in laps led with 141
This Week's No. 9 Joe Denette Motorsports Chevrolet...
Hornaday will pilot chassis No. 11 from the Joe Denette Motorsports stables in the 16th event on the 2012 NCWTS schedule at Kentucky Speedway. Built new for the 2012 season, this is the same chassis Hornaday piloted to an eighth-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway in August.
It's Chevy Truck Month...
Everyone Rejoice - Truck month is finally here! As a proud owner of a Chevrolet Silverado and the driver of the No. 9 Chevrolet Silverado in the NCWTS, Hornaday is happy to help spread the word about one of Chevrolet's biggest promotions, Chevy Truck Month. Just in case you needed another reason to get behind the wheel of an award-winning Chevy truck or crossover, Chevrolet is offering 0% interest for 60 months on all Silverado's or up to $8,000 in value. For more information, please visit: Chevrolet.com
Get to the Point...
Following an early wreck and a disappointing 33rd-place finish at Iowa Speedway last weekend, Hornaday is down one position to tenth in the 2012 NCWTS driver point standings heading into this weekend's event at Kentucky Speedway, 71 points out of fifth and 114 points behind leader, Ty Dillon.
A Penny For Your Thoughts...
From the driver, Ron Hornaday... "We haven't had the results we've deserved the last few weeks and it's been tough on everyone at this Joe Denette Motorsports team, including me. It's honestly been one of the toughest seasons of my career but we aren't giving up. This is a team of young but driven guys and they are working hard and we aren't far off. We haven't unloaded where we need to be but we have figured it out and had a competitive truck for the race, we just need a little luck on our side. I'm looking forward to getting back to Kentucky this weekend because it's a track I've had success at in the past. In my book, there would be no better way to rebound from the past few weeks than to have a competitive run this weekend and contend for a win. I have to thank all of our partners this weekend; Chevrolet, AKL Insurance Group and Mudslingers Contracting and especially Joe. We couldn't be out here doing what we love to do without their support."
Welcome Back ...
Arthur Krenzel Lett (AKL) Insurance Group... AKL Insurance Group, a risk management solutions firm specializes in auto, home, life and commercial insurance products. Their mission is to provide clients with the highest quality risk management solutions available today. AKL Insurance Group addresses everyday personal, family, and business needs by offering quality insurance products at competitive pricing from some of the most trusted and respected insurance companies in the market. Their strict dedication to service and personal attention allow clients to meet and exceed their goals by experiencing the full capabilities of the companies they represent. For more information visit: AKLInsuranceGroup.com
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013