NCWTS: Zane Smith Disqualified From Second-Place Finish Featured
NASCAR announced Saturday morning on the East Coast that the No. 38 team failed post-race inspection because the lug nuts used by the team did not conform to specifications.
As a result, Zane Smith, who originally finished second in the Las Vegas event, will finish 36th while the rest of the field moves up one spot.
Along with Chandler Smith getting the victory, Kyle Busch, Stewart Friesen, Ryan Preece, Tanner Gray, Matt DiBenedetto, Matt Crafton, Bret Holmes, Austin Wayne Self and Ty Majeski rounded out the top 10.
Brett has been following the sport of NASCAR since the beginning of the 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Since Brett was 13, he has had a passion of chasing a job in sports that not many get the opportunity of doing. He has been in the NASCAR media since the middle of the 2010 season. Since then, he has been a part of many racing podcast shows to improve his talents. You can find him on twitter @NASCAR_Brett.
Latest from Brett Winningham
- Sammy Smith Wins Menards 250 at Elko Speedway
- Penalties Following Sonoma Raceway Weekend
- ARCA: Brandon Jones Wins Rain Delayed Calypso Lemonade 150 at Iowa Speedway
- NCS: Ross Chastain tangles with Chase Elliott & Denny Hamlin in Enjoy Illinois 300
- NCS: Enjoy Illinois 300 Practice & Qualifying Weekend Recap