Johnny Sauter No. 21 Allegiant Chevrolet Silverado Canadian Tire Motorsport Park Recap
Johnny Sauter and the Allegiant Chevrolet team qualified in the 10th position for Sunday’s Chevrolet Silverado 250 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (CTMP). Sauter dropped back early in the event due to no traction through the turns, finishing the first stage in the 12th position. He reported to crew chief Joe Shear, Jr., that the Allegiant Silverado started off loose but became tighter toward the end of the first 20-lap run. He came to pit road under caution for four Goodyear tires, fuel and a slight air pressure adjustment. Several trucks stayed on track with the No. 21 lining up in the 17th position for the restart.
Sauter gained six positions before the yellow flag was displayed on lap 26. By lap 33 he had made his way into the third position, running his fastest laps of the 64-lap event. On lap 36, Sauter visited pit road for the final time, for four tires and fuel. The No. 21 team finished the second stage in the 16th position, but lined up sixth for the start of the final stage once the leaders pitted.
Back-to-back cautions at the start of the final stage allowed Sauter to move into the top five, but Sauter ultimately fell back to the sixth position in the last two laps of the race, earning his fifth top-10 finish in his sixth start at CTMP.
“I’ve never thought of myself as a road racer but somehow we always end up in the top-10 at the end. It felt good to be up front today and have a shot at leading. Joe (Shear, Jr., crew chief) and the team did a great job adjusting after the first stage and we had a fast Allegiant Chevrolet.”
- Sauter is second in the driver championship points, 30 points behind the leader, with one win and 10 playoff points.
GMS Racing PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer becomes the first German to win a NASCAR race
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement -- Mike Wallace
- Aric Almirola Racing Toward a Career ‘HighPoint’
- Daniel Suarez Toyota Driver Motivated To Post Solid Run for Team USA, Local Cancer Hero
- All American Speedway drivers close in on championships with round five on Saturday