Ben Rhodes - 2017 Atlanta Recap
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 27 Safelite AutoGlass Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Atlanta (Ga) Motor Speedway in Saturday's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Active Pest Control 200. Starting 15th, the ThorSport Racing driver ran as high as second, and finished fourth, a track-best, in the 130-lap event.
After scoring bonus points for finishing fourth, and third, respectively, in both the first and second stages of the race, Rhodes was able to put himself in contention to compete for a win late in the game on Saturday night. Restarting third, with less than 15 laps remaining, the Safelite AutoGlass driver didn't get the restart that was needed to edge race winner, Christopher Bell, out off the lead, and would cross the stripe fourth. The solid run was the sophomore driver's first top-five finish in two starts at the 1.54-mile track.
"Man this was such a great run for my No. 27 Safelite Toyota team. It was a little discouraging qualifying where we did, but we fought all night, and stayed up front. I think we could have been out there doing doughnuts tonight, if we would have timed that restart a little better. I'm glad that I was able to help push a Toyota to victory, just wish it would have been a ThorSport Racing Toyota Tundra."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR provides updates on medical team response To Ryan Newman’s crash
- AUDIO: Steve O'Donnell, John Bobo and Dr. John Patalak NASCAR Safety Update Press Conference
- Pennzoil 400 starting lineup at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- Hill Takes the Points Lead After Top-Five in Las Vegas
- Boyd Gaming 300 starting lineup at Las Vegas Motor Speedway