Ben Rhodes - 2016 Phoenix Recap
Ben Rhodes Race Recap:
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 41 Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in Friday night's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Lucas Oil 150. Starting ninth, Rhodes battled a tight Toyota Tundra from the drop of the green flag. Running as high as seventh, and as low as 18th, Rhodes was able to maintain a position inside the top-15 throughout the 150-lap event, and crossed the stripe in the 14th position behind race winner, Daniel Suarez.
Ben Rhodes Quote:
"We had a tough night in Phoenix. Our Carolina Nut Co. Toyota Tundra just didn't have the speed that we needed, to be up front. It was tight the whole night, and we couldn't carry the roll speed like we wished. On a more positive note, our balance didn't go through a major shift like it did at Texas. We just need to go back and reevaluate for the final race of the season at Homestead-Miami Speedway."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- North Texas native Iwuji set for Xfinity Series debut
- Racing with Fans is Back this Saturday in Nashville First Responder Appreciation Night – 100 Lap Pro Late Model Race August 8th
- Sold-Out Avett Brothers Show to be Streamed Live on Pay-Per-View
- WW Superstar Big Show to serve as grand marshal for Firekeepers Casino 400 at Michigan International Speedway
- Market Scan extends sponsorship partnership with JD Motorsports and Mike Wallace