Ben Rhodes Race Recap:
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) in Friday night's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Striping Technology 350. Starting eighth, Rhodes battled a Toyota Tundra that was good at the beginning of a run, but loose in traffic, and tight at the end of a run. With only three cautions slowing the 32-truck field for 12 laps, Rhodes was unable to make gains with his Toyota Tundra throughout the night. The ThorSport Racing driver ran as high as seventh, but consistently inside the top-15 throughout the 147-lap event, and settled for a 15th-place finish behind race winner, Johnny Sauter.
Ben Rhodes Quote:
"Our Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra had a huge balance swing tonight. We started off with some good speed at the beginning of the race, but we couldn't seem to run well in traffic - we just got really loose. We did what we could in traffic, to manage our truck on the long runs. We had a couple decent runs where we had some speed in the truck, but had trouble diagnosing the balance in our Tundra tonight. We tried something different this week, and we learned a lot."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Bronson, Showers and Chancey Win Night 2 of Sunshine Nats
- Thorson Delivers A Thriller On Vacuworx Qualifying Night
- Sheppard siminar popular; Mahaney wins celebrity Kart Race; Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty and MS Motorsports pagent on Saturday
- INDYCAR Drivers Challenging Deep Chili Bowl Field
- Deegan To Make Official Ford Debut In Mustang GT4 Featuring Throwback Paint Scheme Honoring Lyn St. James’ Breakout 1985 IMSA Campaign
More in this category: « Tyler Reddick Texas II 2016 Recap Late-Race Issues Leave Bell with Disappointing 11th-Place Finish »