Ben Rhodes - 2016 Texas Recap
Ben Rhodes Race Recap:
Ben Rhodes, driver of the No. 41 Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra, made his second career start at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) in Friday night's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Striping Technology 350. Starting eighth, Rhodes battled a Toyota Tundra that was good at the beginning of a run, but loose in traffic, and tight at the end of a run. With only three cautions slowing the 32-truck field for 12 laps, Rhodes was unable to make gains with his Toyota Tundra throughout the night. The ThorSport Racing driver ran as high as seventh, but consistently inside the top-15 throughout the 147-lap event, and settled for a 15th-place finish behind race winner, Johnny Sauter.
Ben Rhodes Quote:
"Our Alpha Energy Solutions Toyota Tundra had a huge balance swing tonight. We started off with some good speed at the beginning of the race, but we couldn't seem to run well in traffic - we just got really loose. We did what we could in traffic, to manage our truck on the long runs. We had a couple decent runs where we had some speed in the truck, but had trouble diagnosing the balance in our Tundra tonight. We tried something different this week, and we learned a lot."
« Tyler Reddick Texas II 2016 Recap Late-Race Issues Leave Bell with Disappointing 11th-Place Finish »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- A rollercoaster of events: Lasse Soerensen wins at Circuit Ricardo Tormo
- Chip Ganassi Racing Comes to Skillz to Launch First Ever Mobile Game for a NASCAR or INDYCAR Team
- Join Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum’s Special Edition ‘Fuel Up Friday’ Free Zoom Cast Featuring Borg-Warner Trophy Sculptor William Behrends on December 11
- Devon Morgan Signs Extension With MPM Marketing After Strong Season
- Vittorio Ghirelli expands EuroNASCAR 2 championship lead with third consecutive win