Coughlin to substitute for Townley at Texas
Due to a non-racing-related injury to his left ankle, John Wes Townley will sit out Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway and turn the driving chores of the No. 05 Zaxby’s Chevrolet over to Cody Coughlin.
“I want to wish John Wes a speedy recovery and hope he’s back at the track soon,” said Coughlin, who has nine starts this year in NASCAR’s Truck Series, including a season-best 12th-place finish at Texas in June. “I’m honored that Athenian Motorsports thought of me to drive their truck this weekend.
“I like Texas a lot. I had a lot of speed when I ran the truck race there this summer. I feel like I can really get around that place and Athenian’s trucks are fast. I think that’s going to make for a good weekend for us.”
Friday night’s Striping Technology 350 at TMS is scheduled to go green at 8:49 p.m. eastern and will air live on Fox Sports 1 and MRN Radio.
Athenian Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dixon Runs Away from Field for Breakthrough Victory on IMS Road Course in GMR Grand Prix
- Vandyke earns third straight win, Canter, Dockery, Helton, Phelps and Barnes also visit victory lane
- Bristol Motor Speedway's TN Strong to be sold at Food City stores and during NASCAR All-Star race
- Pennzoil 150 results from Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Avedisian locks into John Hinck feature, will race for $20k tonight