Carlos Contreras Ends Productive Day of Practice Sessions at Atlanta
The three practice sessions scheduled for the second round of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series took place at Atlanta Motor Speedway today.
Carlos Contreras, driver of RaceTrac no. 71 Silverado, participated in all three sessions. In the first practice he finished 29th fastest with a time of 33.218 seconds. In the second session he finished 30th with a time of 32.784 seconds, and finally ended the day with his best run in final practice, finishing 26th fastest with a lap of 32.262 seconds.
The RaceTrac Chevrolet Silverado will be back on track Saturday morning as qualifying for the Great Clips 200 gets underway.
Crew Chief Tim Andrews and the entire team are focused on tomorrow, with the objective of improving the results of Daytona from a week ago.
Qualifying is scheduled for Saturday February 27th at 10 A.M. (ET), 9:00 A.M. (Mex). The race can be seen at 4:30 P.M. (ET), 3:30 P.M (Mex) on FOX Sports 1 in the US and FOX Sports 3 in Latin America.
Contreras Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Bell On Podium In USAC Eastern Midget Week At Kutztown
- NASCAR National Series News & Notes - Michigan & Road America
- And Then There Were Three: Talladega Superspeedway’s October Race Weekend Now to Feature a Trio of NASCAR Playoff Races
- Martinsville Speedway to Host NASCAR’s Penultimate Races of the Season on Oct. 30-Nov. 1
- NASCAR Expands Fall Race Weekend at Richmond Raceway on Sept. 10-12