Ryan Blaney Michigan International Speedway Recap
Ryan Blaney said before the start of the Careers For Veterans 200 presented by the Cooper Standard Foundation and Brad Keselowski's Checkered Flag Foundation that he felt like he would run well in the race.
He knew what he was talking about.
Blaney (@Blaney) finished a strong second, his first top five in three starts at Michigan International Speedway. Ryan claimed his second top five in three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts this season.
Blaney told his crew after qualifying that he believed he had a strong Cooper Standard Careers For Veterans Ford F-150 for the race. He quickly proved his point, climbing from his 12th place starting position into third place by lap 9.
Ryan was third when he made his first pit stop during the second caution of the race on lap 27 for four tires and adjustments. Blaney restarted sixth on lap 30 and five laps later he grabbed the lead for the first time.
On lap 36 he settled into second place and remained there until he made his final pit stop under green on lap 66 for four tires and minor adjustments. Blaney was second when the third caution slowed the race on lap 72.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Drydene Performance Products to Sponsor World Short Track Championship
- Carson Hocevar to Compete Fulltime with Niece Motorsports in 2021
- TikTok breaks into NASCAR and partners with Ryan Vargas and JD Motorsports for remainder of 2020 season
- Fr8Auctions to Sponsor Brett Moffitt at Talladega Superspeedway
- Record $1500-to-win for Hobby Stocks at Mahoning Valley Speedway Hall of Fame Series finale on October 3