Ryan Ellis, driver of the No. 1 Altec Chevrolet in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS), matched his career best finish this weekend at Gateway Motorsports Park after a 17th place finish despite the vibration issues during practice earlier in the day.
The No. 1 Altec Chevrolet struggled in practice with a steady vibration. The MAKE crew was able to diagnose the issue and after a driveshaft and gear change the team was confident for the qualifying. Ellis started the Drivin’ for Linemen 200 160-lap event from the 28th position and began to march forward position by position. The No. 1 Atlec team encountered an electrical issue that caused the battery to discharge while the brake fans were running. This was something that the team was able to easily work through a solution by the timing of the fans. Ellis approached the top 20 about lap 110. At this point he was holding on to the 19th position steadily. Lap 145, the No. 4 of Erik Jones was attempting a pass on Ellis in the inside when he wiggled and ran in to Ellis. The No. 1 Altec machine had nowhere to go but in the wall, which cause minor scrapes on the right side. The No. 4 then had too much damage to continue. It was then determined that he had a left rear tire that suddenly lost air pressure causing the incident. Ellis then continued on to finish the race in the 17th place after the late race cautions.
The No. 1 Chevrolet is 23rd in NCWTS Owner Standings following the eighth race of the 2015 season.
MAKE Motorsports PR
Ellis rebounds after practice struggles at Gateway
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- All-Electric Mustang Mach-E 1400 to Star in this Weekend’s NASCAR Cup Series Broadcast
- North Texas native Iwuji set for Xfinity Series debut
- Racing with Fans is Back this Saturday in Nashville First Responder Appreciation Night – 100 Lap Pro Late Model Race August 8th
- Sold-Out Avett Brothers Show to be Streamed Live on Pay-Per-View
- WW Superstar Big Show to serve as grand marshal for Firekeepers Casino 400 at Michigan International Speedway