Townley to Sit Out of NCWTS Race at Pocono - Bowyer to Replace Driver
John Wes Townley was treated and released from a Pennsylvania hospital Saturday afternoon after an accident during ARCA Racing Series qualifying at Pocono Raceway.
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Clint Bowyer has been named as his replacement in the No. 05 Zaxby’s Athenian Motorsports Toyota Tundra for the running of the Pocono Mountains 150 Camping World Truck Series race Saturday afternoon.
Townley is in good health but will sit out of competition for seven days as a precautionary measure. The Watkinsville, GA driver will be be medically reevaluated in Charlotte early next week and hopes to compete at Berlin Speedway in the ARCA Series next Saturday.
Athenian Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Sato Surges to Top of Opening Day at 228; Ganassi Cars Dialed In
- Ronnie Williams Eager to Return to Stafford Speedway For May 20 Call Before You Dig Open Mod 81
- Chandler Smith - No. 18 iBUYPOWER Tundra TRD Pro Camping World Trucks Texas Preview
- Magical Vacation Planner Racing: Chase Briscoe NASCAR All-Star Race Advance
- N.C. Gov. Roy Cooper Visits North Wilkesboro Speedway In Advance of Racetrack Revival Later This Year