Kyle Busch Goes After Personal, Series Record At Kentucky
Kyle Busch races with an engine. And quite often, wins.
The second-generation driver has accumulated 134 wins in all three NASCAR national series and currently holds the record for highest winning percentage in the truck series at nearly 33% with 39 wins in 119 starts. His 134 wins rank second overall in history for most wins across all three NASCAR national series.
He will once again attempt triple duty this weekend at Kentucky Speedway, and in Thursday night’s truck race, Busch has the opportunity to set a record.
If Busch can find a way to Victory Lane this Thursday night in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series UNOH 225 he will solely own a record with his sixth consecutive win in as many starts. He has accomplished five wins in a row twice. In addition to his current streak, Busch also won five in a row in 2009. Ron Hornaday Jr. has also won five-in-five, also in 2009. Hornaday did not miss a start during his streak.
In four previous truck races at Kentucky, Busch has one win and has finished in the top-10 in every start.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR Brickyard 400 viewership on NBC up 46% vs. 2019
- Crowe Equipment Signs on with Spencer Boyd for Multiple Races
- Harvick Powers Away in Overtime To Earn Third Big Machine Hand Sanitizer 400 Victory
- MAVTV Motorsports Network Launches Free “MAVTV Select” Channel on VIZIO SmartCast® TVs
- Custer Earns Career Best Cup Finish at Indianapolis