Sharp-Gallaher Racing would like to issue the following statement in response to the penalty assessed by NASCAR to crew chief Brian Berry for the actions of team members, which is inclusive of guests, following the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. The team will not be appealing the penalty.
Statement from Sharp-Gallaher Racing in Response to NASCAR Penalty
"I'd like to apologize to our sponsors, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and especially the fans on behalf of everyone at Sharp-Gallaher Racing for the incident that occurred following Sunday's race," said team co-owner Eddie Sharp Jr. "Although Kelly Heaphy is not an employee of SGR, we absolutely do not condone actions such as these from anyone associated with our organization. It is a shame that this overshadowed the first class event that NASCAR delivered in Canada. We have nothing but respect for NASCAR, and will not appeal the penalty assessed to crew chief Bryan Berry."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- EMPA Saturday Schedule Set Legendary Journalist Dave Argabright to Appear
- Precision Vehicle Logistics and AutoVentive Partner with Niece Motorsports and Bayley Currey
- Speedway Children’s Charities Trees Spread Joy and Awareness At Speedway Christmas
- NASCAR driver William Byron will have Liberty University onboard the No. 24 car for 12 races in 2024
- Dirty 30, Clean Slate: USAC National Midget Dates Revealed for 2024 Season