RCR Post Race Report -- NCWTS Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Richard Childress Racing teammates finished second (Brendan Gaughan) and fifth (Ty Dillon).
- Dillon is third in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, 27 markers behind the leader; while Gaughan ranks fourth in the standings, 31 points out of the top spot.
- The No. 3 Chevrolet team is fourth in the Camping World Truck Series owner championship point standings, with the No. 62 team fifth in the standings.
- According to NASCAR's Loop Data Statistics, Dillon earned the second-highest Driver Rating (118.9), while Gaughan ranked fourth with a rating of 109.5.
- Dillon spent 94 percent of the 134-lap affair in the top 15.
- Combined, Gaughan and Dillon posted the Fastest Laps Run 27 times during the event, ranking them second and third, respectively.
- Dillon scored the second-highest Average Running Position of 4.970, while Gaughan ranked 12th with a 12.776.
- Gaughan was the Fastest Driver Late in a Run and ranked third in the Closers category.
- Kyle Busch took the checkered flag at Charlotte Motor Speedway and was followed to the line by Gaughan, Max Gresham, Matt Crafton and Dillon.
- The next scheduled Camping World Truck Series race is the Lucas Oil 200 at Dover International Speedway on Friday, May 31. The sixth race of the 2013 season is scheduled to be televised live on SPEED beginning at 5 p.m. Eastern Time and broadcast live on Motor Racing Network.
TY DILLON QUOTE:
Gaughan Battles to a Second-Place Result at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Start - 23 Finish - 2 Laps Led - 15 Points - 4th
BRENDAN GAUGHAN QUOTE:
"We did not have a textbook night. Shane (Wilson, crew chief) tried some pit strategy in the beginning of the race that ended up not working in our favor, and then I thought I had an issue with the South Point Chevrolet and we fell back in the field both times. We continued to work hard all night and in the end I was up front running down Kyle (Busch). Unfortunately, we just didn't have enough time to get the job done. This is our third top-five finish in a row, so I can't be happier with the entire South Point Hotel & Casino team so far this season."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR Brickyard 400 viewership on NBC up 46% vs. 2019
- Crowe Equipment Signs on with Spencer Boyd for Multiple Races
- Harvick Powers Away in Overtime To Earn Third Big Machine Hand Sanitizer 400 Victory
- MAVTV Motorsports Network Launches Free “MAVTV Select” Channel on VIZIO SmartCast® TVs
- Custer Earns Career Best Cup Finish at Indianapolis