- Richard Childress Racing teammates finished third (Brendan Gaughan) and 12th (Ty Dillon).
- Dillon is tied for sixth in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, trailing leader Johnny Sauter by 37 markers, while Gaughan ranks 12th, 47 points back.
- The No. 3 Chevrolet team ranks seventh in the Camping World Truck Series owner championship point standings, with the No. 62 team in 15th.
- Combined, Gaughan and Dillon posted 27 of the Fastest Laps Run, 16 and 11 respectively.
- Both RCR drivers spent all 205 laps in the top 15, an accomplishment achieved by only five drivers.
- According to NASCAR's post-race loop data statistics, Gaughan maintained the second-best Average Running Position (3.098), earned the second-best Driver Rating (118.8), was the second-fastest Driver Early in a Run (139.919 mph), third-Fastest on Restarts (135.005 mph) and held the third-fastest Green Flag Speed (132.819 mph).
- Dillon was the third-Fastest Driver Late in a Run (129.900 mph), held the fourth-fastest Green Flag Speed (132.632 mph) and earned a 6.132 Average Running Position, ranking him fifth in the post-race loop data category.
- Kyle Larson earned his first victory of the 2013 Camping World Truck Series season and was followed to the finish line by Joey Lagano, Gaughan, Sauter and Chase Elliott.
- The next Camping World Truck Series race is the SPF 250 at Kansas Speedway on Saturday, April 20. The fourth race of the 2013 season is scheduled to be televised live on SPEED beginning at 2 p.m. Eastern Time and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network and Sirius XM NASCAR Satellite Radio.
Dillon Salvages 12th-Place Finish at "The Rock"
Ty Dillon and the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet team finished 12th in Sunday's North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Rockingham Speedway. Dillon started the scheduled 200-lap affair from 14th and began making his way to the front of the field. After a long green flag run, Dillon was scored in the fifth position when a caution flag was displayed on lap 63. Crew chief Marcus Richmond called the Welcome, N.C., native to pit road for four tires and fuel. A quick stop by the Bass Pro Shops pit crew earned Dillon the fourth spot on the ensuing restart. The Richard Childress Racing team continued to fire off quick pit stops throughout the afternoon, helping Dillon improve to the second position on lap 102. After the first half of the event, the black and orange Chevrolet developed a tight-handling condition in the center of the corners. Dillon continued to battle the handling issue in the closing stages of the race, but maintained a position within the top-10. A late-race caution set the field for a green-white-checkered finish and on the restart, the 21-year-old was shuffled back in the running order. With only one lap remaining in the race, Dillon was unable to improve his spot on the track and crossed the finish line in the 12th position.
Start - 14 Finish - 12 Laps Led - 0 Points - 6th
TY DILLON QUOTE:
"I think we had one of the fastest trucks here this weekend, but our finish definitely didn't show it. The guys worked hard to keep the balance right on the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet all day. We had a solid finish in our sights, but on that last restart we got shuffled too far back to make it back into the top-five."
Brendan Gaughan Scores Third-Place Finish at "The Rock"
Brendan Gaughan and the No. 62 South Point Hotel & Casino Chevrolet crossed the finish line third in the North Carolina Education Lottery 200 at Rockingham Speedway Sunday afternoon, earning his first top-five finish of the season. The Las Vegas native started the scheduled 200-lap event from the ninth position and quickly moved into third by lap 10. Happy with the overall handling of the truck, Gaughan maintained a position within the top five for the remainder of the race moving as high as second in the running order, before crossing the finish line third. The top-five finish allowed Gaughan to gain five spots in the driver championship point standings, he now holds the 12th position.
Start - 9Finish - 3Laps Led - 0Points - 12th
BRENDAN GAUGHAN QUOTE:
"We had such a strong Chevrolet from the start of the race and drove to the front right away, we didn't' want to fool around out there. We had strong pit stops all day, but my pit crew is mad at themselves right now because they think they had terrible stops. We never lost a spot on pit road; we even gained a few positions throughout the race. You've got to love having a crew that is this passionate and competitive with what they do. It's just fun to have Shane Wilson (crew chief) back on the box and run like we did today."