PEAK® Motor Oil and Antifreeze and Michael Waltrip Racing Team Up to Launch "PEAK Stock Car Dream Challenge"
PEAK® Motor Oil and Antifreeze, a brand within the portfolio of Old World Industries, and Michael Waltrip Racing (MWR) today jointly announced the launch of the "PEAK Stock Car Dream Challenge," a nationwide quest for the next up-and-coming stock car driver.
The program, which runs through May 31, asks race fans to submit their video audition at PEAKStockCarDream.com, highlighting their abilities, personalities, and telling fans why a panel of PEAK representatives and judges should choose them to become the next driving phenom. The program offers fans thrilling opportunities, including:
- 10 first-place winners will participate as a top driver in a three-day race program with coaching and judging from Michael Waltrip, Clint Bowyer, Danica Patrick, and other racing stars
- One winner from the driving school will be selected and fast-tracked through an extensive journey including preparation, training and the opportunity to earn their license
- Per qualification and licensing, the company will put the winner in a PEAK sponsored stock car with a race team in a sanctioned race to prove that they have what it takes to become Michael Waltrip Racing's next stock car driver
"The PEAK Stock Car Dream Challenge is a really big deal for all the men and women across the country who feel they could be professional race car drivers if they were just given a chance," said Michael Waltrip, two-time Daytona 500 champion and founder and co-owner of MWR. "Our sport is always trying to usher in a new generation of driving talent as well as spread our passion for racing with everyone, and PEAK is giving us a really unique opportunity to do so."
MWR isn't the only top-tier team to support PEAK in their search for stock car racing's newest talent. Racing superstar Danica Patrick will also work with PEAK, serving as an expert and contest judge. Danica will put 10 finalists' skills to the test at a driving school in July, where she and a panel of PEAK representatives and judges will select the ultimate winner.
"Our affiliation with Michael Waltrip Racing is a natural fit for the PEAK brand, and the Stock Car Dream Challenge is a strong extension of our sponsorship," said Bryan Emrich, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Old World Industries. "The DIYers that use our products every weekend could only dream of getting behind the wheel of a sponsored stock car, and we're excited to give them this opportunity."
PEAK representatives will judge the video auditions based on a variety of factors including originality, enthusiasm for racing, racing ability and experience, attention to the PEAK brand, and total points on the contestant's online profile page. Contestants can acquire points by uploading photos to Instagram from motorsports events, tagging @peakauto in Twitter and Facebook posts, and reaching 500 video views.
A sweepstakes compliments the contest, in which fans can win great prizes including a 2013 Toyota Tundra, driving school experiences, a trip to Daytona for a VIP MWR race experience complete with race tickets, pit access, and a chance to meet the drivers, and other PEAK prize packs.
"This is going to be a tough competition," said Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 15 Toyota. "I know how it feels to work your way to the top and I know how hard it can be. The winner will have earned their spot and I'm excited to get out there and race with them."
With more than 30 years of involvement in NASCAR, NHRA, IndyCar, Supercross, and Monster Jam, PEAK is no stranger to race fans. In 2013, PEAK joined forces with Michael Waltrip Racing to become a primary sponsor on Clint Bowyer's No. 15 Toyota for three races in each of the next three NASCAR Sprint Cup seasons. PEAK will serve as a primary sponsor at the May Talladega race, the July Daytona race and the September Chicago race in 2013. Since 2005, Danica Patrick has been an official product ambassador for the entire line of PEAK automotive products, appearing in numerous television, print and radio advertisements.
To enter the PEAK Stock Car Dream Challenge and to see the complete set of official rules visit PEAKStockCarDream.com and follow @peakauto on Twitter.
Peak Auto PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Tobias Dauenhauer becomes the first German to win a NASCAR race
- National Motorsports Appeals Panel Statement -- Mike Wallace
- Aric Almirola Racing Toward a Career ‘HighPoint’
- Daniel Suarez Toyota Driver Motivated To Post Solid Run for Team USA, Local Cancer Hero
- All American Speedway drivers close in on championships with round five on Saturday