Budweiser Duel At Daytona to Move Under the Lights in 2014
The Budweiser Duel, the 150-mile qualifying races that determine the starting lineup for the Daytona 500, will move under the lights in 2014, Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III announced.
The Budweiser Duel At Daytona, scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 20, will start under the lights and will be televised by FOX Sports Media Group.
“To earn a coveted starting spot in the Daytona 500, the stars of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will have to perform under the lights and in front of a primetime audience in the Budweiser Duel,” Daytona International Speedway President Joie Chitwood III said. “Moving the Budweiser Duel under the lights will add another dimension to Budweiser Speedweeks.”
The Budweiser Duel joins The Sprint Unlimited and the NextEra Energy Resources 250 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race as the three nighttime races held during Budweiser Speedweeks.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- South Boston Speedway General Manager Cathy Rice stepping down at the end of the 2021 season
- Biohaven Signs Cody Ware as Driver for Nurtec® ODT Chevrolet for the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series Season
- Fr8Auctions Expands Partnership with Front Row Motorsports in 2021
- Thorsport Racing and Ford agree to part ways
- Alex Sedgwick to return back to the United Kingdom after successful ARCA test in Daytona