No. 11 Mavis Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes
- HAMLIN AT TALLADEGA: Denny Hamlin is a two-time winner at Talladega Superspeedway with victories in 2014 and 2020. He has finished seventh or better in the past seven playoff races at Talladega dating back to 2016, including a fifth-place finish last October. Earlier this season, Hamlin won the pole at the 2.66-mile superspeedway before ultimately finishing 17th after having to make a pit stop for fuel when the race went into overtime.
- TEXAS RECAP: Hamlin started the Round of 12 with a fifth-place finish in last Sunday’s race at Texas Motor Speedway. He climbed from his 10th-place starting position into the top five and spent most of the day running solidly amongst the leaders. When a caution waved with less than 25 laps remaining, crew chief Chris Gabehart called Hamlin to pit road for fresh right-side tires while 14 cars remained on track. Hamlin managed to rally late to secure his third consecutive top-five finish.
- PLAYOFFS SO FAR: Through four playoff races, Hamlin has posted one win (Bristol) and three consecutive top-five finishes overall. He also leads the series with 169 points scored in the four playoff races.
- GABEHART EFFECT: Since being paired with crew chief Chris Gabehart at the start of the 2019 season, Hamlin leads the Cup Series with 20 victories, 78 top-five finishes, and 4,902 laps led. During their time working together, the duo has won at eight of the 10 playoff tracks, including a win at Talladega Superspeedway in October 2020.
- MAVIS: Mavis Tires & Brakes will be featured as the primary sponsor for Hamlin and the No. 11 team this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Mavis, based in Millwood, New York, is the largest independent tire and service provider in the United States with more than 850 service centers in 22 states. Mavis recently acquired TBC Corporation’s NTB Service Centers and Tire Kingdom Service Centers, which yields more than 2,000 service centers under the brand umbrella in total.
- JGR AT TALLADEGA: Joe Gibbs Racing owns five NASCAR Cup Series victories at Talladega Superspeedway. In 167 combined starts at the track, the organization has tallied 42 top-five finishes, 63 top-10s, four pole awards, and 1,512 laps led. Kyle Busch, Bobby Labonte, and Tony Stewart join Hamlin on the list of drivers who have taken JGR to victory lane at Talladega.
- POLE DAY POWER: Since NASCAR moved to the Next Gen racecar last season, Joe Gibbs Racing has won the pole award for all three Talladega races. In 2022, Christopher Bell won the pole for both races before Hamlin posted the fastest time in qualifying at Talladega earlier this year.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s race at Talladega Superspeedway begins Sunday, October 1, at 2 p.m. ET on NBC, MRN Radio, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Denny Hamlin, Driver of the No. 11 Mavis Toyota Camry TRD
What do you expect going to Talladega this weekend?
“Talladega is just so unpredictable. Everyone wanted to maximize their points at Texas last week because Talladega and the ROVAL are very iffy. We feel pretty good about the position we’re in, but we still have to go into this week trying to get stage points and put ourselves in a good position to get another good finish before the ROVAL.”