No. 20 DEWALT Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes:
- BELL AT PHOENIX RACEWAY: Christopher Bell will make his sixth NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) start at Phoenix Raceway this weekend. Earlier this season he qualified fourth and ran inside the top 10 throughout stage one. During stage two he spun out while battling the handling on his No. 20 Toyota Camry TRD and had to pit for tires. The team spent the rest of the race trying to get back their lost laps and improve handling.
- CHAMPIONSHIP 4: Bell locked himself in the final four drivers competing for the Championship with his victory at Martinsville Speedway.
- BELL NXS AT PHOENIX: Bell’s five NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) starts at the 1.0-mile track include a must-win victory for a 2018 playoff spot and back-to-back 2019 pole starting positions.
- TRUCK SERIES PAST AT PHOENIX: Bell has two previous NASCAR Truck Series starts at Phoenix. In 2017, he qualified on the pole and finished eighth after leading over half the laps and in 2016, he started fifth and crossed the finish line seventh.
- MARTINSVILLE RECAP: Bell took home the win Sunday at Martinsville Speedway in a must-win Playoff race to advance to the final four. Bell started 20th and led 150 laps enroute to his victory.
- JGR AT PHOENIX: In 139 combined starts at Phoenix, Joe Gibbs Racing has earned seven NCS victories at Phoenix, 43 top-five finishes, 74 top-10s and 2,661 laps led. The championship-winning organization has won six pole awards with an average start of 11.5 an average finish of 13.0.
- RACE INFO: The NASCAR Cup Series Championship race at Phoenix Raceway begins at 3:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 6, 2022. The race will be broadcast live on NBC, Sirius XM 90, and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “What a dream come true to be racing in the Final 4. I’m so honored to be in this position and hope to bring home another championship to JGR.”