No. 20 Yahoo! Toyota Camry TRD News and Notes:
- BELL NCS AT ROAD AMERICA: Christopher Bell heads to Road America to make his second NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) start at the 4.048-mile road course. In 2021, Bell raced his way up to second with four laps remaining at Road America and was closing in on the leader when the checkered flag waved, coming up just one spot of a victory on the road course.
- ON THE CAR: Bell will carry the iconic purple colors of Yahoo! Sunday at Road America. This is Yahoo!’s third race on the No. 20 Toyota Camry TRD and they will be featured on the car two more times in 2022 at Darlington and Bristol.
- NASHVILLE RECAP: Bell made the final round of qualifying at Nashville but the rains came and washed out round two. The field was set based on round one and Bell lined up ninth in his No. 20 Toyota TRD Camry. The car fired off tight but shifted to loose as runs went on. The race was red flagged for weather but NASCAR was able to finish the race under the lights. Under a late race caution Bell stayed out instead of pitting, restarting eighth with four laps remaining. He was able to maintain the gained track position to finish eighth at Nashville.
- JGR AT ROAD AMERICA: All four JGR entries finished in the top 10 last year at Road America. Bell led the way for JGR crossing the finish line second. In four combined starts, the organization has tallied three top-five finishes and four top-10s.
- RACE INFO: The Kwik Trip 250 at Road America begins at 3:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 3, 2022. The race will be broadcast live on USA, Sirius XM 90, and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “Road America is always one of my favorite stops on the year. I got my first road course win there, so when the Cup Series put it on the schedule I was very happy. I can’t wait to get back to Wisconsin.”