Penalties Following Sonoma Raceway Weekend Featured
NASCAR announced penalties following their trip to Sonoma Raceway this past weekend on Tuesday. The penalties impacted two teams in the Cup Series garage area.
Kyle Larson’s No. 5 Chevrolet lost a tire/wheel during the event and will result in a four-race suspension through New Hampshire Motor Speedway for crew chief Cliff Daniels and crew members Donnie Tasser and Brandon Johnson.
Hendrick Motorsports announced shortly after the announcement that they will not appeal.
Rick Ware Racing and driver Cody Ware will lose 20 owner and driver points for having multiple inspection failures.
There were no penalties handed out in the Camping World Truck Series.
Brett has been following the sport of NASCAR since the beginning of the 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Since Brett was 13, he has had a passion of chasing a job in sports that not many get the opportunity of doing. He has been in the NASCAR media since the middle of the 2010 season. Since then, he has been a part of many racing podcast shows to improve his talents. You can find him on twitter @NASCAR_Brett.
Latest from Brett Winningham
- ARCA: Chandler Smith Wins Reese's 200 at IRP
- ARCA: Taylor Gray Wins Shortened General Tire Delivers 200 at Pocono
- NWMT: Jimmy Blewett Claims First Modified Victory Since 2016 at Wall Stadium Speedway
- Jake Drew Leads Wire-to-Wire to win Overtime NAPA Auto Parts 150 at Irwindale
- Sammy Smith Wins Menards 250 at Elko Speedway