NCS: No. 78 Crew Members Suspended Following Talladega Penalty Featured
NASCAR announced penalties on Wednesday following the Talladega Superspeedway weekend.
The lone penalty impacted the No. 78 NASCAR Cup Series team with driver BJ McLeod. Crew chief Lee Leslie and crew members Kevin Teaf and Alpha Lamin have been each suspended from the next four Championship Series' events through All-Star weekend at Texas Motor Speedway for a loss/separation of the wheel.
It isn’t the first such penalty of the season, as teams continue adjusting to the new single-lugnut on NASCAR’s NextGen car.
Brett has been following the sport of NASCAR since the beginning of the 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Since Brett was 13, he has had a passion of chasing a job in sports that not many get the opportunity of doing. He has been in the NASCAR media since the middle of the 2010 season. Since then, he has been a part of many racing podcast shows to improve his talents. You can find him on twitter @NASCAR_Brett.
Latest from Brett Winningham
- Sammy Smith Wins Menards 250 at Elko Speedway
- Penalties Following Sonoma Raceway Weekend
- ARCA: Brandon Jones Wins Rain Delayed Calypso Lemonade 150 at Iowa Speedway
- NCS: Ross Chastain tangles with Chase Elliott & Denny Hamlin in Enjoy Illinois 300
- NCS: Enjoy Illinois 300 Practice & Qualifying Weekend Recap