NCS: NASCAR Announces Adjusted Stage Lengths, Tire Allotment; Adds Two Competition Cautions for Bristol Dirt Race
NASCAR announced changes to Sunday’s event at Bristol Motor Speedway on Saturday. The changes, stemming from tire issues discovered during the pair of Cup Series practices on Friday, include added competition cautions and adjusted stage lengths.
The stages (previously 75 / 150 / 250) will now be 100 / 200 / 250, along with a pair of scheduled competition cautions at laps 50 and 150.
In addition, NASCAR and Goodyear will give race teams an additional set of tires for the event on dirt.
Brett has been following the sport of NASCAR since the beginning of the 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Since Brett was 13, he has had a passion of chasing a job in sports that not many get the opportunity of doing. He has been in the NASCAR media since the middle of the 2010 season. Since then, he has been a part of many racing podcast shows to improve his talents. You can find him on twitter @NASCAR_Brett.
Latest from Brett Winningham
- Penalties Following Sonoma Raceway Weekend
- ARCA: Brandon Jones Wins Rain Delayed Calypso Lemonade 150 at Iowa Speedway
- NCS: Ross Chastain tangles with Chase Elliott & Denny Hamlin in Enjoy Illinois 300
- NCS: Enjoy Illinois 300 Practice & Qualifying Weekend Recap
- NCWTS: Corey Heim Grabs Second Career Victory at Gateway