Harvick Finishes 12th in Clash at Daytona
● Aric Almirola (Started 18th, Finished 8th / Running, completed 59 of 59 laps)
● Daniel Suárez (Started 10th, Finished 10th / Running, completed 58 of 59 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (Started 6th, Finished 12th / Running, completed 57 of 59 laps)
● Clint Bowyer (Started 15th, Finished 16th / Accident, completed 55 of 59 laps)
● Kevin Harvick started sixth but fell back to 16th by lap five.
● The Busch Beer Car2Can Ford Mustang pitted under caution on lap 11 for four tires and fuel. Harvick restarted 19th.
● With most of the field pitting, Harvick finished the first segment in fourth place.
● On lap 28, under caution, Harvick pitted for four tires, fuel and tape on the grill. He restarted 13th.
● Harvick was caught up in a multicar accident on lap 55. He drove his car to pit lane for repairs and then completed another lap before rain halted the event for good.
● Jimmie Johnson won the Clash to score his second career Clash victory. His first Clash win came in 2005.
● The 20-car field was comprised of 2018 pole winners, former Clash winners, former Daytona 500 pole winners and 2018 playoff participants.
● A random draw determined the starting grid.
Kevin Harvick, Driver of the No. 4 Busch Beer Car2Can Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“It was an adventurous day. We got hung out in the beginning and went to the back and tried to make something happen. Everybody was in a single-file line and didn’t really want to race much. We had ourselves positioned in the outside line headed in the right direction, and they all crashed when they decided to start racing for the first time.”
The Gander RV Duel – twin 150-mile races that will set the rest of the Daytona 500 field – takes place at 7 p.m. EST on Thursday, Feb. 14 with live coverage on FS1. Speedweeks at Daytona then culminates with the 61st running of the Daytona 500 at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17, with live coverage provided by FOX beginning with its prerace show at 1 p.m.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Von Dorhen and Brian Hirthler lead NASCAR track point standings at Grandview Speedway
- JD Motorsports tabs Jade Buford & Big Machine Sanitizer to join forces at Road America
- Team Penske, Brad Keselowski extend contract
- Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota to vie for coveted Michigan Heritage Trophy at Michigan International Speedway
- Kris Wright to Run Limited Schedule with GMS Racing