McDowell on Final 9 Races: 'We Have Our Own Goals and Our Own Battles'
McDowell on Richmond
"Our teammate, David Ragan, was really good at Richmond in the first race. He ran in the teens – a really strong race for him. David also recently tested there in a wheel force car. So, we’ve got good notes as a team and will make the right adjustments going back there. That’s what’s nice about having a teammate. When you go back to tracks the second time, even if you didn’t hit it, you have good information to build on if you have a teammate that did.
"I’ve always enjoyed Richmond. It’s a great race and requires good tire management. It’s just good short-track racing. These last nine races are important to us even though we’re not in the playoffs. We need to string together some solid results over these final weeks. We have our own goals and our own battles, and we’re close in points to those we’re battling. So, we really need to execute in the races that remain."
McDowell Richmond Stats
15 starts, 1 top-15, 3 top-20s
Best finish: 12th
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Modified ace Chuck Hossfeld unretires to race in A.C. Indoor races Jan. 31 and Feb. 1
- Indianapolis 500 Veteran, Short-Track Standout Jones Dies at 78
- Josh Williams Motorsports looking for funded driver for ARCA season opener
- Ryan Rackley Making Pro Late Model Debut At SpeedFest
- Successful PPB Motorsports Show closes, dates for 2021