2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Champion to be Honored in Las Vegas
Soon after the 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series™ champion is crowned at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 19, the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup will head to Las Vegas as NASCAR hosts its annual Champion’s Week festivities. Fans will gather in Las Vegas for events honoring the 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Champion, Playoff Drivers, Sunoco Rookie of the Year and other season-ending award recipients.
Beginning on Tuesday, Nov. 28 and culminating Thursday, Nov. 30, NASCAR Champion’s Week will feature the annual NASCAR National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA) Myers Brothers Awards at the Wynn Las Vegas as well as the return of the NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus located at The Park, situated between New York-New York Hotel & Casino and Monte Carlo Resort and Casino.
This year, a special celebration of the storied driving career of Dale Earnhardt Jr. “Appreci88ion An Evening with Dale Earnhardt Jr. Presented by Nationwide” will take place at Rose. Rabbit. Lie. at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 28. The exclusive fan event will feature surprise guests from Earnhardt’s career with proceeds benefitting Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs drivers will take to the famed Las Vegas Strip when they get behind the wheel of their race cars for NASCAR Victory Lap Fueled by Sunoco on Wednesday, Nov 29. Fans will be treated to burnouts along Las Vegas Blvd. at the Spring Mountain Rd. and Harmon Ave. intersections before finishing with a post-lap driver tell-all on Toshiba Plaza outside T-Mobile Arena. The event will be simulcast live on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio and NASCAR.com.
NASCAR and live music rev up the Las Vegas night at NASCAR After The Lap Supporting the Vegas Strong Fund, Wednesday, Nov. 29 at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. This year, the fan event will feature a concert by country music star Lee Brice and the first-ever live-on-stage episode of Glass Case of Emotion, with Ryan Blaney as a host and guests to include Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Playoff drivers. VIP areas hosted by event sponsors, Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota will feature appearances by Playoff drivers. All ticket proceeds from this event will benefit the Vegas Strong Fund assisting victims & strengthening the Las Vegas community.
Festivities will conclude with the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Awards, a star-studded event featuring the Champion, 16 Playoff drivers and a fan red carpet at Wynn Las Vegas. NBCSN presents this year’s awards on Thursday, Nov. 30 at 9 p.m. ET, while Motor Racing Network (MRN) and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, will carry the award show live beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
For more information on NASCAR Champion’s Week in Las Vegas and to purchase event tickets, please visit ChampionsWeek.NASCAR.com.
NASCAR CHAMPION’S WEEK LAS VEGAS EVENTS
All times are Pacific time unless otherwise noted.
Tuesday, Nov. 28
- NASCAR Fan HQ at The Park: Located a few steps off the Strip between New York-New York, Monte Carlo and T-Mobile Arena, The Park transforms into the NASCAR fan headquarters for Champion's Week in Las Vegas. The activation will include a display of all 16 Monster Energy Series Playoffs race cars, the NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus, NASCAR Shop by Fanatics, driver autograph sessions, official partner displays from Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota, Sunoco, YETI and Allegiant, ticket giveaways and amplified social media engagement.
- NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus: Returning for a second year at Beerhaus, The Park's popular beer hall, the NASCAR Fan Lounge is a top destination for fans throughout Champion's Week. Fans can experience NASCAR content up-close including champion driver meet & greets, industry personality appearances, entertainment, special NASCAR programming as well as food and drink specials.
- Champion’s Meet & Greet: Champions of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series visit the NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus for a fan Q&A hosted by various NASCAR broadcast personalities.
- NASCAR Live: Motor Racing Network (MRN) will broadcast a special one-hour show featuring interviews with the 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Champion and crew chief to discuss their journey through the season and 2017 Playoffs. Fans can join “NASCAR Live” host and MRN personality Mike Bagley from 4 - 5 p.m. for an in-depth look at their road to the championship.
- Appreci88ion An Evening with Dale Earnhardt Jr. Presented by Nationwide: Hosted at Rose. Rabbit. Lie. inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Wednesday, Nov. 29
- NASCAR NMPA Myers Brothers Awards: Members of the media, drivers, teams, tracks, official partners and fans come together to honor and recognize season-ending award winners - held this year, for the first time, in the Encore Theatre at Wynn Las Vegas. In addition, several signature awards are bestowed including the NASCAR Marketing Achievement Award, Buddy Shuman Award and the NMPA Myers Brothers Award. The event will be live-streamed on NASCAR.com.
- NASCAR Fan HQ at The Park
- NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus
- Victory Lap Fueled by Sunoco
- NASCAR After The Lap at The Chelsea inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Thursday, Nov. 30
- NASCAR Fan HQ at The Park
- NASCAR Fan Lounge at Beerhaus
- Claire B. Lang’s annual Championship Year in Review on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, Channel 90: SiriusXM NASCAR Radio host Claire B. Lang will be joined by the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series champion, crew chief, team owner and team members live from 1 – 3 p.m. for a look back on their championship-winning season.
- Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Awards: A champion is crowned and the top drivers for the 2017 Monster Energy Series season are honored at the exclusive celebration held at Wynn Las Vegas. In addition to crowning a champion, the awards will feature all 16 Playoff drivers, include remarks from the Championship 4 and the NMPA Most Popular Driver will be announced. NBCSN presents complete coverage from Wynn Las Vegas beginning at 7 p.m. ET with “NASCAR America,” followed by red carpet coverage at 8 p.m. ET and subsequent coverage of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Awards at 9 p.m. ET. Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio will broadcast the show live at 8 p.m. ET.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Pit Pay announces Pit Pay Pole Challenge
- Entry Deadline For 2020 Lucas Oil Tulsa Shootout Is Approaching
- Atlanta Motor Speedway’s Ed Clark wins 2019 O. Bruton Smith Award
- Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Early Entry Deadline Approaching Fast
- South Carolina NASCAR Fan Joe Vaughn, Project HOPE Foundation Win The NASCAR Foundation’s 9th Annual Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award