Almirola Makes First Start this Season at Favorite Track
Dover International Speedway is one of Aric Almirola's favorite tracks. A back injury forced Almirola to watch the race at Dover earlier this year from afar. Almirola will lean on his team for notes from substitute driver Regan Smith. Almirola and the team posted two Top-Five finishes in 2015 and a 16th place finish in 2016, so they hope to finish strong on Sunday.
Almirola has 10 Monster Energy Series starts at Dover and tallied two Top-Five and three Top-10 finishes. He also has four XFINITY Series starts with a best finish of ninth. Almirola knows his way to Victory Lane at the "Monster Mile" as he scored a win in the Camping World Truck Series in 2010.
Born in Florida after his family fled Castro's Cuba, Almirola has risen to the top ranks of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series circuit. El Corredor follows Almirola as he makes his first-ever trip to discover his ancestor's homeland, the booming car culture in Havana and the roots of his family tree.
When: Wednesday, September 27, 6:00 p.m.
Where: FS1 NASCAR Race Hub
"I really like racing at Dover. The sensation of speed there is like no other track we go to. We've had some good runs in Dover. We finished fifth in both races in 2015. We were involved in a crash and finished 16th last year, so hopefully we can back that up and get a good finish this weekend. The car looked pretty good earlier this year with Regan (Smith) driving it. We'll work off the team's notes and focus on having a good run."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- AAN Adjusters Signs Multi-Race Sponsorship Deal With Tommy Joe Martins and Martins Motorsports for 2020 NASCAR Xfinity Series Season
- New year, new amenities: Bristol Motor Speedway to enhance guest raceday experience with fan friendly upgrades and concepts
- Drydene Xtreme DIRTcar Series Event at Cochran Canceled, Cherokee Set for Sunday
- Martins Motorsports renews partnership with Gilreath Farms Red Angus
- Christopher Bell ready for Daytona 500 debut with Procore
More in this category: « Ford Dealer Service Director's JDRF T-Shirt Design Wins Trip to Ford Championship Weekend Kevin Harvick Surviving Round 1 »