Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-50):
● Clint Bowyerstarted seventh, finished eighth to earn three race points.
● Fell back to 13th in opening laps because his car was loose in the corners.
● Told crew he needed to turn better, especially in first turn.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 51-100):
● Started ninth and finished first to earn 10 race points.
● Led the final five laps for his first stage victory of the season.
●Climbed into the top-five for the first time on lap 66.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 101-160):
● Started 11th and finished sixth.
● Pitted under green with 35 laps remaining.
● Said his car was growing looser as the race neared the final laps.
● Climbed as high as fifth in the final stage before finishing sixth.
● Bowyer scored his ninth top-10 finish of 2017.
● This was Bowyer’s 10th top-10 finish in 24 career NASCAR Cup Series starts at Pocono.
● Bowyer led five laps in Stage 2.
● There were five caution periods for a total of 21 laps.
● Kyle Busch won the Overton’s 400 to score his 39th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series victory, his first of the season and his first at Pocono.
● Bowyer remains 17th in the 16-driver playoff standings just 17 points behind Matt Kenseth.
● Martin Truex Jr. leads the championship standings with 823 points, holding a 87-point advantage over his nearest pursuer, Kyle Larson.
Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Nature’s Bakery/Feeding America Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“Our Ford was good all weekend. We unloaded a fast car. This is the best car that we’ve unloaded in quite some time. A little bit different build. Hopefully this is what we’re looking for, what I’m looking for, and build on this.”