Almirola Ready to Race on the Bricks at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Aric Almirola made his return to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series last weekend after missing seven races recovering from an acute compression fracture to his T5 Vertebra. Back into the swing, he looks to score a solid finish in the No. 43 Smithfield Ford at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Almirola has made six starts at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup and in the XFINITY Series. He has a best start of fourth (2012) and finish of 17th (2013) in the Monster Energy Series. In his lone XFINITY Series start in 2015, he started eighth and finished 14th.
"Indy is special. There's such deep racing history there, which makes it really cool when you walk through the famed garage and race over the bricks on the track. The feeling you get when you drive down the frontstretch with the grandstands on both sides of the track is unlike anywhere we race. As far as the racing on track is concerned, it's a tough track. The corners are so flat that you really have to be able to rotate through the corner. We'll work really hard to get all the speed we can off the corner to the straightaways."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- FOX Sports Opens 2020 NASCAR RACE HUB Season Live From Super Bowl Week in South Beach
- New England favorite Galko enters Atlantic City Indoor Racing events, January 31 - February 1
- Speedy Cash Expands Partnership with Front Row Motorsports in 2020
- Diversified Motorsports Enterprises welcomes new team partner Teletrac Navman
- ARCA Menards Series Aligns Points System with NASCAR National Series for 2020
More in this category: « MENCS: NASCAR Issues Penalties Following New Hampshire Feeling Blue a Good Sign for Truex Jr. at Indy »