Stage 1 Recap (Ended on lap 20):
● Danica Patrick started ninth and finished 10th.
● The No. 10 “Wonder Woman”/One Cure Ford Fusion team dropped back to 12th at the start of Stage 1 as Patrick battled with a loose-handling racecar, but she was able to work her way back up to the 10th position by the end of the stage.
● At the end of the stage the team pitted for tires, fuel and a wedge adjustment.
Stage 2 Recap (Ended on lap 40):
● Patrick started sixth and finished seventh.
● At the end of the stage Patrick radioed to the team that the No. 10 “Wonder Woman”/One Cure Ford was “wicked loose in.”
● The team changed tires and added fuel between stages.
Final Stage Recap (Ended on lap 50):
● Patrick started sixth and finished fifth.
● Patrick took the green flag in the sixth position, but the caution flag waved before the field made it to turn two for a spin by the No. 34 car. When the field went back to green, Patrick lined up in the fourth position.
● She lost one spot on the opening lap but maintained the fifth position for the duration of the final stage.
● As Patrick did not win a stage or the fan vote, she did not advance to the Monster Energy All-Star Race.
● Patrick’s fifth-place finish marked her career-best effort into the Monster Energy Open. Her previous top finish in the event was ninth.
Danica Patrick, driver of the No. 10 “Wonder Woman”/One Cure Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“The car was just way too loose throughout the race. Nothing seemed to help much at all. I wish we were racing in the All-Star Race tonight, but at least we were more competitive in the Open this year and learned some things for next weekend.”